Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 07:21 PM

567 posts, read 431,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgensandiego View Post
Considering that latinos are the largest demographic group (especially amongst young people) and the white population continues to decline, the only thing this is going to do is exclude young latinos from the housing market in their own communities.
Young upwardly mobile latino's are not different than any other group. The housing market in LA is expensive for everyone. As for the white population declining, you couldn't tell that by walking around DTLA and the surrounding neighborhoods. Where once DTLA and the surrounding neighborhoods where mostly Latino, it's now a melting pot of White, Latino, and Asian youth.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:30 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,927,785 times
I'm not bashing San Diego. I have no vendetta against SD once so ever. I just tell as it is. That's all. Are you saying Downtown SD is booming and is doing so well? It's the best downtown around?

Old 05-13-2018, 09:48 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
I'm not bashing San Diego. I have no vendetta against SD once so ever. I just tell as it is. That's all. Are you saying Downtown SD is booming and is doing so well? It's the best downtown around?
So why do you keep it up? It's been over a year since you started bashing SD, and you haven't stopped yet. I think by now, everyone knows what you've had to say, so its's time to stop.

Old 05-13-2018, 11:27 AM

1,798 posts, read 1,124,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
Are you saying Downtown SD is booming and is doing so well? It's the best downtown around?
Construction-wise, downtown San Diego is certainly booming. It's great that underutilized parking lots are being turned into much-needed housing. As I previously stated, there are many social/economic issues that are not being addressed as downtowns across America see increased investment. This is not unique to San Diego.

Not everything is black and white. Just because I don't agree that DTSD is a disgrace, doesn't mean I think it is the best downtown. You sound like a child.

The topic of successes/failures of DTSD's continued growth is definitely worth discussing. However, you don't want to discuss this. You are only concerned with bashing San Diego because you are sad and have nothing better to do.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:30 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgensandiego View Post
Construction-wise, downtown San Diego is certainly booming. It's great that underutilized parking lots are being turned into much-needed housing. As I previously stated, there are many social/economic issues that are not being addressed as downtowns across America see increased investment. This is not unique to San Diego.

Not everything is black and white. Just because I don't agree that DTSD is a disgrace, doesn't mean I think it is the best downtown. You sound like a child.

The topic of successes/failures of DTSD's continued growth is definitely worth discussing. However, you don't want to discuss this. You are only concerned with bashing San Diego because you are sad and have nothing better to do.
I totally agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego