Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 01:12 AM

2 posts, read 4,538 times

Advertisements

I am ready to get out of VA. I want to go to the west for a big change. I've lived on the east coast all my life. I'm 27 and Single with no bills or anything tying me down. I figure if I really want to move, now would be the best time. I really want to make my move near/by the end of '08. I've been looking around for jobs, best areas in San Diego to live in, coast of living, ect... What advice can you give me and ideas for planning I should take?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 04:10 PM

4,540 posts, read 12,406,148 times
My Advice: Read more of the threads, define what you want, tell us what you can afford, and then ask specific questions.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:25 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,576,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlepot View Post
My Advice: Read more of the threads, define what you want, tell us what you can afford, and then ask specific questions.
Def good advice.A lot of our threads have just about every answer you can think of if your moving here.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:06 PM

2 posts, read 4,538 times
I definitely did that. I read previous threads and also looked at web sites that do polls and compile data about cities around the U.S. which include cost of living, job opportunities, activities, age ranges, etc. and what makes them one of the best places to live. I guess the reason why I decided to ask was some of the threads come from the perspective of a parent or from someone that had a bad experience or needs a lot of space or land or whatever. I have a little one-bedroom loft apartment (about 600-650 sqft) that I pay about 825 a month for. And it's in Petersburg, one of the worse areas near Richmond, VA. Then the thing about the expense. Is it expensive to some because the job they have or how they live or what? To me anywhere you move without having a good job or a good budget to fallow will be expensive. Especially in a half decent or better city. Of course I've looked at other cities on the west like Seattle or Portland but I just think Cali is the better choice for some like me that's easy going, single, young, versitle and white-coller wanting a drastic change in scenery/life with nothing holding me back. What do you think and how do you think I should go about getting a job?....I also read that if someone has set thier minds on something it's hard to sway them from thier decision. That's not the case for me so don't hold back on any feedback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego