Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2019, 01:06 PM

11 posts, read 9,096 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

Over the years I've stayed in various areas of SD county: El Cajon, Little Italy, La Mesa, Serra Mesa, Normal heights, Tierrasanta, Mission Valley..!

I'm now looking to finally stop renting and purchase a home. I found a home I like in Lakeside for a price I can afford but know nothing of the area.

I've driven by and thought it has more rural feel that what I'm used to but that's about all I could tell.
How are the people? Crime? Anything I should know or keep in mind about the area?

The area I'm looking at is below Woodside, above Pepper, west of Winter Gardens blvd.

Please share any insight you may have.

Thank you kindly in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 04:04 PM

6,509 posts, read 7,547,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTBhome View Post
Hi everyone,

The area I'm looking at is below Woodside, above Pepper, west of Winter Gardens blvd.

Please share any insight you may have.

Thank you kindly in advance.
This area is at the city limits of Santee/Lakeside/El Cajon. I would say its semi rural but you won't need a propane tank like you would in the the area north of the 67 in Lakeside called Eucalyptus Hills.

Since 2011, I've live in a neighborhood on the other side of Winter Gardens Blvd. My driveway is longer and has a gate so I live away from the street and I've never experienced any theft or crime of my home or of our vehicles.

The area is a sort of a hodge podge of different types of houses, some really nice and well kept, others not so nice and then apartments and mobile home parks closer to the main street Winter Gardens Blvd which is where most of the ethnic diversity is.

I suspect that many of the ratty looking homes belong to folks that have lived here for years and others who have inherited their homes from family. That's not to say that all the the old timers are like this, I know a few personally who take very good care of their property. Alot of the old timers are selling and moving out so many folks from other parts of the County are moving. I suppose this is why diversity in the single family homes (outside of the apartments) is on the rise, for instance, my two new neighbors as of 2018 are Asian and Ukranian. We are Hispanic. It's the younger newer families moving in that are really helping to fix up alot of the older ugly looking homes.

The homes are mostly on hills, so don't be surprised if you get a clear view of your neighbors backyard and such. I too mostly lived in city of San Diego before moving out here, I like it out here and have no complaints but most of all I love our home which is where 3 of my 4 young kids have lived their entire life.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:20 PM

11 posts, read 9,096 times
Thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego