Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 01:25 PM

9,444 posts, read 6,608,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
It won't be a problem AT ALL! I have five co-workers that live in Tijuana, and go to school over here. Two of them go to SDSU, one goes to Mesa, two go to Cuyamaca.

And they had no problems being enrolled. They may live in Tijuana, but they have a CA address, and work in San Diego. And like I said in an earlier post, there are lots of people that do this.

No wonder so many honest Californians are moving to other states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 11:49 AM

6,519 posts, read 7,590,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
No wonder so many honest Californians are moving to other states.
Not just California, this happens anywhere there are international boundaries and more often state lines where families live on both sides. If you had a child and wanted to send them to university in Nevada or Arizona where you have family, would you not ask to use their Nevada/Arizona address to take advantage in some way of in state benefits like reduced tuition?

This happens alot more often and across many states than you realize.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Not just California, this happens anywhere there are international boundaries and more often state lines where families live on both sides. If you had a child and wanted to send them to university in Nevada or Arizona where you have family, would you not ask to use their Nevada/Arizona address to take advantage in some way of in state benefits like reduced tuition?

This happens alot more often and across many states than you realize.

No, I wouldn't and I didn't. Instead I left Ca when taxes got too high from carrying all the dead beats there.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:26 AM

50,535 posts, read 47,325,804 times
Pretty common

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHT5NYmdq7Y

Old 08-21-2019, 10:17 AM

15,137 posts, read 32,417,574 times
Quote:
No, I wouldn't and I didn't. Instead I left Ca when taxes got too high from carrying all the dead beats there.
If you left CA, why are you posting on here? You should be posting your opinions within your own state.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
If you left CA, why are you posting on here? You should be posting your opinions within your own state.

And where is that regulation written? I was born in Ca as were my parents. I lived there for 50 years. I have many relatives there and visit often. I'm probably more Californian and know more Ca state history than most who live there currently. Certainly more than those who just "moved" in and only look for ways to take advantage in unscrupulous ways. Apply your "shoulds" to your own behavior, not mine.

Last edited by Harpaint; 08-21-2019 at 11:18 AM..

Old 08-21-2019, 11:53 AM

6,421 posts, read 11,623,426 times
Quote:
I guess you missed the bit where these people are also working and paying taxes in CA. And presumably doing at least some shopping there, so also paying sales taxes in CA.

Doesn't sound like deadbeats to me. Sounds to me more like you're calling sour grapes because you couldn't afford to stay in CA.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
I guess you missed the bit where these people are also working and paying taxes in CA. And presumably doing at least some shopping there, so also paying sales taxes in CA.

Doesn't sound like deadbeats to me. Sounds to me more like you're calling sour grapes because you couldn't afford to stay in CA.

Sales tax and income tax do not pay for city schools in California. Property tax does. Either through rent or owning. I guess you missed that bit. That's why there is a residency requirement, which the OP is looking to evade. So in this regard, the subject of the thread, he would be a deadbeat.

Last edited by Harpaint; 08-21-2019 at 12:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego