Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 09:49 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
LOLOLOLOL
I do wonder why he went through Encinitas and La Jolla for Fish Tacos
Mariscos German off of 22nd and Imperial is legit
LOL...I know, the comments ripped on him for doing that. Although I'm sure there are some good places to be found everywhere. San Diegans sure are snobby when it comes to burritos, tacos and craft beer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 01:04 AM

138 posts, read 187,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
That's how I like my burritos. I hate burritos served on a plate and smothered in sauce....ala Tex-Mex style. Yuck.
I don't know where in Texas you had a burrito smothered in sauce, but I'm a Texas native and have never, ever come across this. Not in South Texas anyway.

I've lived in San Diego for almost 8 years and still have a hard time with "Mexican" food here. By that I mean, Cal-Mex as opposed to Tex-Mex. It's not bad, just not something I'm accustomed to.

Oh, and for the record, San Antonio got its first (and I think only) Del Taco and the California transplants went nuts!*lol*

Old 08-09-2014, 09:57 AM

815 posts, read 2,699,658 times
I like Wahoo's in Point Loma.. there is also a location in Leucadia I believe. A fresh-mex, Socal spin on tacos and burrritos with a surf/skate theme. The fish tacos are their claim to fame but the rest of the menu is awesome as well.
There are several locations in LA and OC so I hope they build more here in SD.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:12 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times
^ not impressed at all with Wahoo's

Old 08-09-2014, 10:12 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
I like Wahoo's in Point Loma.. there is also a location in Leucadia I believe. A fresh-mex, Socal spin on tacos and burrritos with a surf/skate theme. The fish tacos are their claim to fame but the rest of the menu is awesome as well.
There are several locations in LA and OC so I hope they build more here in SD.
Wahoo's used to be in Mission Valley as well, but I don't see them there anymore. They're on the same level as Rubios, Del Taco and Taco Bell.

I can't remember if I posted this before, but I finally got to Super Cocina. Really good.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:19 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,597,616 times
There's a Wahoo's in 4S Ranch. If the food is at the same level as Rubios, that confirms my opinion that it's absurdly over-priced. I've never had their food because I never wanted to pay their prices.

(Del Taco and Taco Bell are not comparable to Rubios, IMO. Not that Rubios is all that wonderful ... )

Old 08-09-2014, 12:30 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
There's a Wahoo's in 4S Ranch. If the food is at the same level as Rubios, that confirms my opinion that it's absurdly over-priced. I've never had their food because I never wanted to pay their prices.

(Del Taco and Taco Bell are not comparable to Rubios, IMO. Not that Rubios is all that wonderful ... )
Point taken, Rubios is better than Del Taco and Taco Bell. I just put them in the same class, fast food.

I tried Wahoo's once and they gave an option of cooking the fish different ways, like teriyaki or lemon. I had teriyaki, which was tasteless. My friend had the lemon (or whatever the other flavor was) and she found it equally tasteless. The best thing there was the rice as a side dish.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:48 PM

6,506 posts, read 7,536,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Point taken, Rubios is better than Del Taco and Taco Bell. I just put them in the same class, fast food.
Well...it is really more along the lines of Chipotle and Pollo Loco. Del Taco and Taco Bell are at the very bottom of the Mexican food hierarchy.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:32 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
LOLOLOLOL
I do wonder why he went through Encinitas and La Jolla for Fish Tacos
Mariscos German off of 22nd and Imperial is legit
This. Mariscos German is hands down the best fish tacos in town. Get the smoked marlin taco and don't forget to try one of their gobernador tacos.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:55 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
Nicely written article about fish tacos, although I always stick with grilled, rather than fried.
What I like about Blue Water is the freshness of the fish and he got that right.
Nevertheless, I think Mariscos German deserves a visit one of these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego