Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2010, 10:11 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,942,795 times

Advertisements

I found some really beautiful homes for rent around san diego cheap. just wondering why, this cant be normal? I saw many homes that people want someone to take over their payments too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 10:54 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
zip code?

Old 01-30-2010, 11:23 AM

cant find the zip but one is in oceanside 3bed 2 bath for 900.

5824 Adelaide Avenue San Diego, CA 92115 -3bed 2 bath nice yard nice looking house 900

$905 / 3br - 3bath Fabulous, Nice Junior Home, Enormous Fenced Yard, Extra Amenities. (San Diego) no address only a phone number

theres more

Old 01-30-2010, 12:34 PM

4 posts, read 12,032 times
If you found them on craigslist or another free listing site they are "Spam" ads. They list ads on there all the time trying to generate emails; getting people to rent a bogus place ; or any other number of fraudulent activities.

You will often see the same pictures either in different ads or in different cities.

As the saying goes... if it's too good to be true it usually is.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:43 PM

19 posts, read 99,438 times
I am looking for some insight from any and all who are sharing on this forum about relocating to San Diego and where might be some possible areas to consider staying that is reasonable.

Jaada, I would love to hear more about where you found people who just want someone to take over their payments. Are people posting ads somewhere locally or in a newspaper you know of that you could share.

I would love to be near the beach area, west of I-5. Is it all real expensive along the coastline or does anyone know of any secret spots that only locals know about from living there? Also, I am curious how is rent near UC San Diego, the Point Loma and the Miramar area? I was told Encinitas, Del Mar, and Oceanside are areas to consider. Is that true?

Am I foolish to think I could find a place, preferably a house or cottage, with a yard for around $1000-$1300/a month anywhere down there in the San Diego County area along the coast? If not San Diego County, what about farther south or north along the coast for near that price range? I've been looking on Craigslist, is that the best place to look for listings?

Lastly, I was told there was a lot of development down in that county with never-lived-in homes. Has any of you heard anything about any deals like that going on down in SD County to try to get people into those homes at bargain purchase prices or lease options? I was told by CalVet that these developers cannot get new loans until they fill up these SD houses. I just don't know where to look for them. Any suggestions from locals?

I am most appreciative of any insight anyone could give me to any or all of these questions. I realize this is a bit long. I just know from past inquiries this is the best website to come to for answers from those living there. Thank you for your help.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:08 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,571,475 times
Some of those 'cheap rentals' are actually homes pulled off the market. They are looking for renters to help pay the mortgage before the house goes back on the market. An owner can put their house on the sale market anytime they like. Tenant-occupied or not.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:12 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,468,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izeroin View Post
Am I foolish to think I could find a place, preferably a house or cottage, with a yard for around $1000-$1300/a month anywhere down there in the San Diego County area along the coast?
Double it. You are talking about shabby 1BR apartment rents in that price range.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:51 PM

455 posts, read 1,118,003 times
Costs me 2500/mo to rent in Sorrento Valley for a SFR.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:52 PM

ok this is what I found out so far, Ellez was right, I got a couple of emails back from someone saying they would show me the house for a price all I had to do was send them some money at an address they gave me and they would send me the keys to the house, one of them said they moved to south africa and couldnt be there to show me the house. yeah right! I am so glad I am not a moron. I did find some homes that said they wanted someone to take over thier payments because they were about to lose thier home to forclosure, I havent looked any further into them.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:55 PM

oh yeah and I found one house that I thought was pretty nice in sierra vista az, It was different looking so I remembered it, then I saw it again in colorado! and I saw it again in san diego, I reported it as spam. I have found some legit homes for rent on craigs list, in other states, but you have to be really careful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego