Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2010, 01:29 AM

527 posts, read 1,577,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808islandstyle View Post
WHOA WHOA, did you read anything i posted? please show me where i said that Macarthur blvd is worse than any part of richmond or vallejo? LOL. i have said no such thing. i simply stated macarthur blvd as an example of a bad area of oakland. so if your gonna come at me, please get at me with the right information.

modified the statement? no, i said late night stroll, when i said late night, believe it or not i really did mean late night as in 1-4 am.

AND, i didnt tell him to catch strays, i just said i could careless if he chose to talk a walk at 3 and happen to catch strays. i wasnt saying going out side and get hit by bullets.....dont really know how you interpreted it.
Well, I did in fact read it. Perhaps you need some lessons in delivery (as well as spelling) for me to have "misinterpreted" this statement:

Quote:
from what ive seen, oakland is the worst.(macarthur blvd) then theres the areas of richmond, vallejo and bits and peices of SF that i would avoid at all cost if out past a certain hour.
You said that Oakland, MacArthur Blvd. is the worst, followed by those other places. If you meant something else, then you should say so. If you like, I can take a stroll on my part of MacArthur at your arbitrary cutoff time of 1am in 40 minutes, take a video, and post it for you too Would that help you to understand, a little bit? I promise if I "catch strays" I will capture it fully.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:39 AM

61 posts, read 247,585 times
lol i realized i fu*ked up my spelling but thats just because im typing fast and not re-reading it till after. but please dont blame me for mis-understanding my statement, because i already said in other posts directly after that macarthur blvd was just an example, not the actual worst place or worse then other areas of the bay.

and what area of the blvd will you be walking around in? id love to see whats crackin on 70th-83rd at 1 am on a friday night. lol

Old 12-04-2010, 01:44 AM

61 posts, read 247,585 times
no honestly it really dosent matter, everyones experience is different. in the end, people are just going to have to go to these places and see for themselfs how an area is, and not take others word for it.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:47 AM

527 posts, read 1,577,294 times
Quote:
no honestly it really dosent matter, everyones experience is different. in the end, people are just going to have to go to these places and see for themselfs how an area is, and not take others word for it.
That is pretty much true, and is the unspoken caveat of most of the opinions given here. And no, I don't live in the 70's, sorry to disappoint I live near MacArthur south of Piedmont Ave., at Lakeshore.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:03 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,762,397 times
Quote:
lol i realized i fu*ked up my spelling but thats just because im typing fast and not re-reading it till after. but please dont blame me for mis-understanding my statement, because i already said in other posts directly after that macarthur blvd was just an example, not the actual worst place or worse then other areas of the bay.

and what area of the blvd will you be walking around in? id love to see whats crackin on 70th-83rd at 1 am on a friday night. lol

That's the point though... parts of MacArthur Blvd will be safe and parts will be just the opposite. That's the same story for most other main drags that go from one end of a city to the other.

To a much lesser extent, international blvd is like this. The closer you are to the lake the better it is... there is no part of International Blvd I'd ever truly call safe though. I've walked on most of it though... Oakland's the type of city that can change drastically from neighborhood to neighborhood. It's not an easily defined city... that's part of why people like living in it.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:50 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,254,100 times
But let's not mince words here, yes there are areas in Oakland that are not completely gang infested, but you won't see Oakland making any Top 10 Safest Cities list any time soon.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:11 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,095,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
But let's not mince words here, yes there are areas in Oakland that are not completely gang infested, but you won't see Oakland making any Top 10 Safest Cities list any time soon.
Yeah, let's not divert from Mr. Fantastic's agenda, people. Let's try to stay on topic on these forums. The Bay Area's forum is ONLY for people to talk about how much they hate:

Oakland
Richmond
Vallejo
Blacks
Mexicans
Oakland Public Schools
The A's
Oakland's Planning Commission
JLS Redevelopment
Jean Quan

Diverting from hatred on these topics may result in a TOS violation as well as rebuke from a single male who lives 500 miles away and pretends to live in Marin County as well as to have three black belts and a PhD in Astrophysics from Cal.

Sad.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:02 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,762,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post

And your point? You won't find Chicago or Philly making any top 10 safest cities list anytime soon either. Doesn't stop people from moving there en masse.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:31 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
I would say the worst place to live in the Bay Area would probably cities like Richmond, San Pablo for crime and poverty. Also the small cities north of Richmond like Pinole, Hercules for the oil refineries. Vallejo isn't very attractive in my opinion and some of the small towns in the Suisun bay like Pittsburg and Port Chicago look drab and heavily industrial.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:10 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,095,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I would say the worst place to live in the Bay Area would probably cities like Richmond, San Pablo for crime and poverty. Also the small cities north of Richmond like Pinole, Hercules for the oil refineries. Vallejo isn't very attractive in my opinion and some of the small towns in the Suisun bay like Pittsburg and Port Chicago look drab and heavily industrial.
The factories aren't pervasive in neighborhoods in Hercules or Pinole like they are in Martinez and Pacheco. Besides, would you rather live in Martinez or in Richmond?

Just out of curiosity, do you find anything outside of Contra Costa County to be uninhabitable? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland