Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 04:03 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,548,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Well shouldn't people be thinking of alternatives if San Jose doesn't work out?
Yes they dont care where the A's play so long as it's SJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 04:08 PM

1,145 posts, read 3,000,993 times
Actually, I do care if they play in a new stadium in Oakland- I don't think their revenues will be as competitive than if they went to San Jose or another market where they would be the only franchise. Further, selling it to someone who would move it gives the option that it is sold to a superrich guy who will subsidize the team.

I'll root for the team wherever it goes, but I think Oakland is a terrible long-term location for the A's.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:11 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
MLB is going to force Wolff to negotiate with Oakland, that's the effect of the Howard Terminal team negotiating with MLB behind the scenes, instead of taking them to courts.

Port of Oakland + Howard Terminal + Jack London Square + Brooklyn Basin = World Class Waterfront Opportunity. MLB likes this package.
The thing about this package there is established development with growth potential in Jack London. Plus new development starting at Brooklyn Basin, and easy connections to existing transit and road infrastructure. Most of the work is the stadium not developing a viable neighborhood. Most of that is in the works with or without the park.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The thing about this package there is established development with growth potential in Jack London. Plus new development starting at Brooklyn Basin, and easy connections to existing transit and road infrastructure. Most of the work is the stadium not developing a viable neighborhood. Most of that is in the works with or without the park.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.
Yup. The income demographics for that neighborhood are staggering. The average family income for the JLS census tract is $215,000 and the population growth census to census is hundreds of percent.

This is in Downtown Oakland.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:30 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,353,364 times
I find it funny that you're salivating over a ballpark next to a proposed residential development. I guess it's offensive only if the team owner develops adjacent land? Like the Giants will be doing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
I imagine that there will be some sections of the ballpark that will have a view of the Oakland skyline/East Bay Hills. still, I like the idea of the ballpark facing the water.
downtown + hills > slough

If the park is in Oakland, don't make it some copycat bull****.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:41 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Just saw this, nothing really new or that interesting though, just more of the same...

Settlement would lift hurdle to Oakland stadium for A's - ContraCostaTimes.com

Old 06-26-2013, 05:49 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post

I agree, plus you could build high rises with views that look onto the field similar to Petco Park in SD, although there is less land to work with b/c of the fwy. Condos, apt's, and a rooftop bar or two with a view of the ballgame would be pretty cool and better than AT&T imo.

Something like this:

View from Petco Park

Lower level:

View from rooftop bar "Altitude" atop the Marriott Hotel:

(all pics are from my phone)

Old 06-26-2013, 06:15 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,601,103 times
Quote:
I find it funny that you're salivating over a ballpark next to a proposed residential development. I guess it's offensive only if the team owner develops adjacent land? Like the Giants will be doing?
Port of Oakland (5th busiest seaport in nation) + Clorox Field (A's ballpark on Howard Terminal) + an expanding Jack London Square (East Bay's premier waterfront destination) + Brooklyn Basin ( $1.5 billion project - 3,100 housing units, 200,000 sq ft of commercial and retail space and 30 acres of parks and wetlands that stating construction in 2014)

Yep, not interesting at all.

Quote:

I'm not opposed to a downtown/hills vista. However I do think that vista is still seen from sections of the park. I also think the ballpark should accentuate the estuary because that entire area (Howard Terminal, Jack London Square and beyond) is a symbol of the city as a port city.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:23 PM

Speaking of Howard Terminal, hot off the presses:

Settlement would lift hurdle to Oakland stadium for A's - Inside Bay Area

Old 06-26-2013, 06:24 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Just saw this, nothing really new or that interesting though, just more of the same...

Settlement would lift hurdle to Oakland stadium for A's - ContraCostaTimes.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Speaking of Howard Terminal, hot off the presses:

Settlement would lift hurdle to Oakland stadium for A's - Inside Bay Area
Jinx!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland