Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 01:30 PM

1,696 posts, read 2,861,476 times

Advertisements

Alrighty boys/girls, it's lunch time! Let's hope the New Yorker doesn't short-circuit this thread like last time (I'm looking at you crescent22 *wink*)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 01:34 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,656,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_guz_man View Post
Alrighty boys/girls, it's lunch time! Let's hope the New Yorker doesn't short-circuit this thread like last time (I'm looking at you crescent22 *wink*)
Perhaps less chatroom-like banter and asinine comments like "Cisco sounds better than Clorox" would save your thread.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:38 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,353,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Perhaps less chatroom-like banter and asinine comments like "Cisco sounds better than Clorox" would save your thread.
I don't think anything is saving this from going the way of the last thread. Hearts prevailing over minds on both sides.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
I don't think anything is saving this from going the way of the last thread. Hearts prevailing over minds on both sides.
Agreed. And I'll abstain from this thread for awhile.

On another note, Aaron Hernandez just complicated my fantasy draft plan

Old 06-26-2013, 01:40 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,601,103 times
Quote:
A backyard with our very own designated metro. Meanwhile, the neighbor gets lumped in with SF's sphere of influence
Howard Terminal will provide an excellent vista with a backdrop of the Port's maritime activities, the same port that Silicon Valley remains tremendously depended on because 95% of it's marketplace is overseas.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough 'n Ready View Post
Yeah, my 6th or 7th window has been hogging the heck out of memory. Pretty annoying to start chugging. And when I close the window it doesn't release the memory so it has a lovely memory leak.

I have to go into task manager and stop it. Annoying.

Thanks for the congrats on the victory. I don't really like Barry Bonds, so I'm grateful we won after he left. Could balance the salaries out better, and he's not louging around in his lazy-boy and putting the cream on anymore.
Chrome is only a little bit better at it. I still see chunks of memory hold over, task manager is used often even with Chrome

You're welcome on the congrats. Though I hate your team's guts, the fans who stuck it out for 50 something years before the 2010 WS win totally deserved it. The 2012 WS win was icing on the cake. Enjoy it while it last, Giants fan

Just remember the magic numbers: 4 to 2

Old 06-26-2013, 01:58 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Quote:
It will take us a few centuries to catch up to your city's current level Sadly, by then I'm sure you'll already be even more out of our reach *sigh*
And by then, Clorox Field should be completed as well.

Quote:
A backyard with our very own designated metro. Meanwhile, the neighbor gets lumped in with SF's sphere of influence
Yeah they love their backyard, that's why their NFL team is building a glorious stadium in YOUR 'designated metro' area, it's like a homeowner installing a gazebo in their garden. #pretty

Quote:
It sure has swayed the Giants though, that's why Rough n Ready's team just can't keep their hands off of us
Well of course lover, yall are married.

SF is yer baby daddy.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:07 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The who is irrelevant. The total name is more important. Clorox or Cisco Coliseum are pretty equivalent in catchiness with alliteration. Clorox Park and Cisco Park don't have a ring to it. Facebook Park might. Who knows. There is no definitive better or worse for naming rights. There isn't a good brand tie in for anyone. It s all just ego. I don't care who names any sports arena.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.
I like Clorox or Cisco Coliseum, kind of keeps a bit of history but I doubt they would want two venues with the word Coliseum attached to it. Pandora Park has a nice ring to it.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:17 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,656,423 times
Plus the name "Clorox" has no ties to a city whose team has been trying to actively keep ours out of a new park for the past 15+ years.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:19 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
Nope.

"It is desirable that the line from home base through the pitchers plate to second base shall run East Northeast." - MLB guidelines

So, the view can definitely be over the estuary
Umm isn't that what they said? What's the difference in saying "north or east" and "East Northeast"? And how would you have a view of the estuary if that the field is directed that way? The estuary/bay is to the south and west of the site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland