Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 12:30 PM

2 posts, read 17,911 times

Advertisements

I'd like to move to Brentwood CA, but I am concern about the availability of schools for my kids 8 &10. Are there any good charter schools in that area? Also how about safety in that area? Any advise will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 02:19 PM

541 posts, read 1,730,575 times
I know nothing of the schools, that is not my forte. I'm sorry no one has answered you yet. But based on what I can find about the schools, they seem pretty good. "The Brentwood Union School District has many schools designated as a California Distinguished School. Approximately five percent of California schools are awarded this honor. Heritage High School includes a full range of Advanced Placement courses and the highest Academic Performance Index (California public schools)(API) score in the area, stellar performing arts programs, and championship athletic teams."

As for the crime though . . .

Brentwood has a lower than average crime rate, but the data they have online is outdated. So it is hard to tell, especially since the city just recently gobbled up a bunch of unincorporated areas around it making the population explode. Brentwood is not a bad place to live, it is actually considered a real nice place to live with a lot of desirable areas.

You really shouldn't worry about it, as it is one of the safer areas for sure.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:32 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,093,442 times
I have friends that are teachers and specifically picked Brentwood solely for their public school system. I don't have kids so I'm not the best person to ask, but it's a fine area. I think you'd be fine sending them to the local district.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:16 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,987,938 times
Have you already looked at this site? It's got all the pertinent info on the schools.......GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

Brentwood is a safe, fairly newish community (it used to be all farmland) but now has a nice shopping center, restaurants, larger affordable housing, etc. There are a lot of Bay Area folks that move there since it's a lot more affordable than the inner areas nearer to San Francisco. The hard part is commuting if you need to get to work closer to the Bay Area---but if the work is an/around Brentwood it would be great!

Old 05-12-2014, 04:19 PM

2 posts, read 17,911 times
Thank you all for the information you shared. It seems like Brentwood will be a great choice for my family.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:03 AM

1 posts, read 8,408 times
SO NZBenavides, did you ever move to Brentwood?

Old 09-20-2014, 12:20 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,081,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZBenavides View Post
I'd like to move to Brentwood CA, but I am concern about the availability of schools for my kids 8 &10. Are there any good charter schools in that area? Also how about safety in that area? Any advise will be appreciated.
if you want to raise a family, Brentwood is perfect. if you are single and young, it will be a prison.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:19 PM

3 posts, read 10,093 times
Will the eBart help the commute significantly?

Old 08-31-2016, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 5,567 times
Hi

I was wondering if you ever moved there ? I am myself now considering moving our little family there. I just don't seem to hear anything or find anyone online commenting on how it is living there:/
Anyone I know within the east Bay Area, all are telling us it's very far and once we live there we won't go anywhere because Brentwood is secluded:/
I also been told many times that highway 4 is about the worst for commute, however when I went there I didn't see it as that terrible. Having say that I didn't commute on pick time.
We are very indecisive, I want to but the very little feedbacks I get are not from people who live there

Any info would help thank you

Old 09-01-2016, 05:59 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,784,958 times
The commute to Oakland is about an hour and a half during peak times in am
The same going back in pm.
Really think hard about that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland