Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 12:14 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio-moves View Post
why is everyone in this lame city always using the weather as an excuse. It is cold in London and those people know how to dress!!! Hypothermia?! Come, on! The weather is just an excuse to be a lazy slob.
hahaha...Londoners and Manhattanites are slaves to fashion. SF is not like that at all and I greatly appreciate it.

I mean, I couldnt imagine people in SF as preoccupied with fashion the way folks in NY are. Thank God they arent.

That sort of thing actually matches NY, not SF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 12:21 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,993,705 times
I don't get that many opportunities to dress up because the weather is not permitting or because I cannot walk so far in heels. Also, not seeing other women dressing up makes me feel like if I did, I would stick out too much. I don't think cold weather necessarily makes women less fashionable though- take NYC for instance, or Vancouver, BC which both get colder than here.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:36 PM

16 posts, read 19,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
hahaha...Londoners and Manhattanites are slaves to fashion. SF is not like that at all and I greatly appreciate it.

I mean, I couldnt imagine people in SF as preoccupied with fashion the way folks in NY are. Thank God they arent.

That sort of thing actually matches NY, not SF.
Slaves to Fashion? I'd be content seeing people wear something that didn't resemble pajamas or camping gear!

Old 06-29-2010, 01:04 PM

473 posts, read 1,702,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini_cute View Post
I don't get that many opportunities to dress up because the weather is not permitting or because I cannot walk so far in heels. Also, not seeing other women dressing up makes me feel like if I did, I would stick out too much. I don't think cold weather necessarily makes women less fashionable though- take NYC for instance, or Vancouver, BC which both get colder than here.
I hear this from women alot and have seen it. usually it will be a flock of them together that dress to kill. Just like in a health club they travel in pairs/numbers they feel stronger in numbers. Like when going to the swimming pool area. You have to talk to all of them just to talk to one of them. Then again that's the price you pay for looking good and to keep your man happy.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio-moves View Post
Slaves to Fashion? I'd be content seeing people wear something that didn't resemble pajamas or camping gear!
Again I agree with you that's by what I mean by tomboys and who wants to see this?
Combat boots
Tennis shoes
old raged clothes
flat shoes will take the glamour away from any outfit.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:23 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Have you ever heard of "San Francisco black?" Supposedly people in this city wear a TON of black clothing, maybe because we don't see the sun very often. Even in the dead of summer, I see locals in black suits & sweaters downtown! They say you can spot a tourist by the white shorts, sandals, and a San Francisco SWEATshirt - they expect it to be sunny CA, and end up buying some cheap warmer clothing while here.
High boots with thick soles and a gazillion buckles ... black jeans / parachute slacks ... 1800s retro dark button down shirt ...

(queue Fairlight synth with "choral voices" setting, phlanged out Ricky bass and 360 guitar, plodding drums ... white light only light show with lots of fog machines cranking ... )

Old 06-29-2010, 02:05 PM

205 posts, read 211,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray427 View Post
Again I agree with you that's by what I mean by tomboys and who wants to see this?
Combat boots
Tennis shoes
old raged clothes
flat shoes will take the glamour away from any outfit.
Where are you guy's looking at women the Castro? I don't see this in the business district or at the clubs. Also what's wrong with a woman in Tennis shoes? You expect a woman to always walk around fully dressed up

Old 06-29-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
High boots with thick soles and a gazillion buckles ... black jeans / parachute slacks ... 1800s retro dark button down shirt ...

(queue Fairlight synth with "choral voices" setting, phlanged out Ricky bass and 360 guitar, plodding drums ... white light only light show with lots of fog machines cranking ... )

Black absorbs heat. White reflects heat to stay cooler. As far as boots go the thigh high boots are sexy on the right woman.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post

Stiletto boots with lots of buckles is hot too.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini_cute View Post
Send us a pic and we can tell you if you are fashionable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland