Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2020, 07:05 PM

855 posts, read 450,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Excuse Me.. Easterner here...why wouldn't you want a bunch of Indians and East Asian in your town? Isn't that typically (right or wrong) seen as a good thing? Is it different out west? What are the negative connotations of Indians and Asians? Never heard this sentiment back east..
LOL try going to Long Island.

All I hear is how bad the Indians are and how they're turned communities to the worse.

Even though they largely are family oriented, quiet, value education and come with a good amount of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2020, 11:26 AM

4,031 posts, read 4,458,634 times
Crucial 13,000-unit Concord housing development might never happen

https://sf.curbed.com/2020/3/5/21166...0-homes-lennar

"In terms of Bay Area housing development, the Concord Naval Weapons Station is the mother lode, a proposal of such proportions that even calling it a mega-project doesn’t do it justice.

On this defunct Contra Costa County military base, omnipresent housing developer Lennar plans a mixed-use project that would create over 13,000 homes, the result of years of planning, arguing, negotiation, and public pressure from every side of the issue."

Old 03-09-2020, 01:53 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Crucial 13,000-unit Concord housing development might never happen

https://sf.curbed.com/2020/3/5/21166...0-homes-lennar

"In terms of Bay Area housing development, the Concord Naval Weapons Station is the mother lode, a proposal of such proportions that even calling it a mega-project doesn’t do it justice.

On this defunct Contra Costa County military base, omnipresent housing developer Lennar plans a mixed-use project that would create over 13,000 homes, the result of years of planning, arguing, negotiation, and public pressure from every side of the issue."
Concord is nasty and greasy as it is right now.

Old 03-12-2020, 12:26 AM

1,726 posts, read 1,719,139 times
In 2020, I believe the average American would feel uncomfortable and out of place in most of the outer East Bay, save Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda and some parts of Walnut Creek.

Old 03-16-2020, 08:25 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,069,759 times
Hi there Dave,
Hey ya know what?
I am calling you out.
Could you tell me how you really feel?
I must be confused because I don’t get it.
I have read a lot of your posts and can somewhat understand some of what you are saying.
The thing is..
I don’t dig the tone of your racist comments.

I mean, I as a white guy I kinda like being with people like me, I am very comfortable with that and am cool with that.
I also am also totally cool with people of other origins.

Good people come from all over the world
This is one thing you might consider.
How about you judging a person by their salt and not by their color?

You might want to consider that people of other backgrounds can be just as worthy as the rest of us Americans.
No more no less.

I am rather shocked that you can’t see this.

What say you to this?

All the best.
Andy

Last edited by MechAndy; 03-16-2020 at 08:38 PM..

Old 07-31-2020, 10:21 AM

Insane that they're still proposing sprawl developments

Two major Contra Costa housing developments move ahead

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc..._news_headline

Old 07-31-2020, 08:31 PM

49 posts, read 57,980 times
As a Dublin/Pleasanton resident who moved to Berkeley for college and came back two years later, the change in the Asian population was very noticeable in just the two years I was back in town. Dublin used to be a white town. Pleasanton is slowly becoming the same way although I would wager that the white population would stick around for much longer as there isn't as much new construction in Pleasanton.

We just bought in Brentwood. I believe Brentwood, Oakley, and Discovery Bay will likely have white majority populations for even longer because they are far from Silicon Valley plus its where many white residents who get pushed out of the Tri Valley may end up moving to.

Old 08-01-2020, 03:23 PM

4,315 posts, read 6,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
In 2020, I believe the average American would feel uncomfortable and out of place in most of the outer East Bay, save Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda and some parts of Walnut Creek.
The average American cannot afford these cities. Demographic differences don't just imply race but also socioeconomic status.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarearelocation View Post
As a Dublin/Pleasanton resident who moved to Berkeley for college and came back two years later, the change in the Asian population was very noticeable in just the two years I was back in town. Dublin used to be a white town. Pleasanton is slowly becoming the same way although I would wager that the white population would stick around for much longer as there isn't as much new construction in Pleasanton.

We just bought in Brentwood. I believe Brentwood, Oakley, and Discovery Bay will likely have white majority populations for even longer because they are far from Silicon Valley plus its where many white residents who get pushed out of the Tri Valley may end up moving to.

Dublin and the Eastern portion of San Ramon have lots more new housing stock than Pleasanton. Danville is still very White due to most of it's housing stock being older.

Silicon Valley is a huge demographic factor but remote work makes geographic proximity less crucial.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
The average American cannot afford these cities. Demographic differences don't just imply race but also socioeconomic status.
True but there's little political will to increase the supply.

It's insane that the Apple Campus in Cupertino is surrounded by single family homes on large lots. In any sane part of the world that would all be zoned for multi story apartments and condos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland