Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 12:40 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
No. Those tract homes are historical treasures that represent a time when the average Bay Area native had a good quality of life, a patch of dirt to call their own and a piece of the American Dream. We should bulldoze the green space first. It literally serves no purpose except fluffy green hippy bs.
75% of the Bay Area is wasted undeveloped space.
Yeah, DOWN WITH PARKS! More high-rise Manhattan-style condos with apartments for 1 mill and up!

How are your rants helping the OP? Remember, the thread is about helping the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 12:49 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,724,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, DOWN WITH PARKS! More high-rise Manhattan-style condos with apartments for 1 mill and up!

How are your rants helping the OP? Remember, the thread is about helping the OP.
Op is stubborn about overpaying to live the hipster dream. She can't be helped.
As long as no tract homes are harmed I don't care if you build high rises on the green space.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:23 PM

1,156 posts, read 987,463 times
Quote:
Op is stubborn about overpaying to live the hipster dream. She can't be helped.
As long as no tract homes are harmed I don't care if you build high rises on the green space.
Looks like she is already beyond you with being bel to pay rent and married pulling in over $180k with her spouse so don't think she needs your help. LMAO.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatCurve View Post
You made it all the way from SF to Santa Cruz via 17 in only 47 minutes total? I highly doubt that. But then again this week the traffic is really light. Even the shopping malls are deserted. A lot of people must be out of town this week. Try driving down to Santa Cruz on a Saturday or Sunday morning in the summer on a hot day. It's a nightmare.

BTW, the SF Bay Area also has about 8M people but the difference is that most of the 8M people in NYC don't have cars, whereas most of the 8M people in the Bay Area do have cars. That makes car traffic VERY bad.
First you say it was a shortened week so my commute over the Bay Bridge is unrealistic, then it was because it was summer. Now you use the same concept for my drive to Santa Cruz. If you can read I said the 101 and 85 to Santa Cruz, not "SF." To get back home in the East Bay today it took an hour and 35. How about, when I have a hella commute I'll just post here to let you know rather than defend my actual experiences. Just give it up. The OP knows what she's getting into and you are not helping her if she is to live in SF and either work in SF or commute somewhere maybe Daly City or other place within 15 miles. It just won't be that bad compared to where she is coming from.

Laughable - the NY/NJ MSA is at 20M and the Bay Area while not an MSA is at 7M. Hmmm, how would that difference impact commutes. Just laughable.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
Looks like she is already beyond you with being bel to pay rent and married pulling in over $180k with her spouse so don't think she needs your help. LMAO.
She won't make that

Old 07-10-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
She won't make that
She will make $58 plus another $100k or so from her spouse so in a couple years yes she will. She will have no problem finding a teaching job and if here husband is a competent contractor he will be fine with the demand here for the next several years until the next recession. Hope you're ok making your 50g's and trolling city data.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
She will make $58 plus another $100k or so from her spouse so in a couple years yes she will. She will have no problem finding a teaching job and if here husband is a competent contractor he will be fine with the demand here for the next several years until the next recession. Hope you're ok making your 50g's and trolling city data.
Bs in the 100k, maybe they'll make 130 if they're lucky

Old 07-10-2016, 10:27 PM

677 posts, read 835,573 times
Quote:
No. Those tract homes are historical treasures that represent a time when the average Bay Area native had a good quality of life, a patch of dirt to call their own and a piece of the American Dream. We should bulldoze the green space first. It literally serves no purpose except fluffy green hippy bs.
75% of the Bay Area is wasted undeveloped space.
That was then, this is now. The times move on. You wouldn't give up your smartphone or big flat screen HDTV to go back to a corded rotary landline phone or tiny B/W tube TV that everyone used when those houses were built, would you?

Old 07-10-2016, 10:39 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,960 times
GC;
I hope the move works out for you. Sometime next year is your current plan? If so, around the beginning of the year?

Old 07-10-2016, 10:39 PM

677 posts, read 835,573 times
Quote:
First you say it was a shortened week so my commute over the Bay Bridge is unrealistic, then it was because it was summer. Now you use the same concept for my drive to Santa Cruz. If you can read I said the 101 and 85 to Santa Cruz, not "SF." To get back home in the East Bay today it took an hour and 35. How about, when I have a hella commute I'll just post here to let you know rather than defend my actual experiences. Just give it up. The OP knows what she's getting into and you are not helping her if she is to live in SF and either work in SF or commute somewhere maybe Daly City or other place within 15 miles. It just won't be that bad compared to where she is coming from.

Laughable - the NY/NJ MSA is at 20M and the Bay Area while not an MSA is at 7M. Hmmm, how would that difference impact commutes. Just laughable.
That doesn't even make any sense. 85 doesn't go to Santa Cruz, so how can you take 101 to 85 to Santa Cruz? And do you live on the highway? Travel times are usually indicated from point of departure to point of destination. "101" is not a point of departure.

Yeah, but almost everyone commutes via public transportation in the NYC metropolitan area. Not true in the Bay Area. All the trains, subways, buses, etc. in the NYC area reduces surface street traffic. In the Bay Area, all the highways are packed because so many people drive their cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland