Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 01:32 AM

30,898 posts, read 36,975,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Endangered Species Act...

Case in point... a rancher in Contra Costa runs cattle every year and has done so over 120 years...

A few years back much of the land was deemed critical habitat of a snake which severely restricts what he can do with his land.

He does have the expensive option to petition out by submitting scientific data to refute... costly proposition.

Common sense would say if the snake and cattle have got along for 120 years why is there even an issue?

I have friends that wanted to rebuild the existing deck and learned the wetland buffer was greatly expanded so now permitting is a long process...

How do these things happen... like having land zoned for houses changed to one home... maybe all because someone deemed it so.

Federal Land is Federal Land... private land should remain private with all that entails and if a mouse or snake is deemed to supercede that the owner needs to be compensated for the taking of or loss of use.

My friends on Last Chance Road in Santa Cruz now must drive almost an hour more since a road that has existed for since before California became a State was obliterated... by the park system stating they lacked funds for maintenance and the kicker is the local ranchers and loggers did the maintenance.
I think Rosa Koire has the answer as to how these thing happen. For the record, she's a Democrat. It basically comes down to UN Agenda 21. Here is the short version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipKHqY7uxSg&t=30s

And the long version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ykELwj1Ta8&t=150s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 03:33 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,024,976 times
I remember the tax refund everyone got under Bush ... so the masses went out and bought giant flat screen TVs - that was not long before the calamitous and debt producing Iraq fiasco. Even if what Trump says is true, I don't support a tax cut.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:01 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I think Rosa Koire has the answer as to how these thing happen. For the record, she's a Democrat. It basically comes down to UN Agenda 21. Here is the short version:
Rosa Koire, agenda 21, really? Being a democrat is no guarantee that you aren't a candidate for a tin foil hat, that's for sure

Old 11-27-2016, 07:30 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,462,026 times
Default Fairfield

Personally, As a native of the SFBA, I don't consider Fairfield to be part of the San Francisco Bay Area. I think of it as a pit-stop on the way to Sacramento, the same as Vacaville.

As a matter of fact, Fairfield is 46 min (43.2 mi) via I-80 E to Sacramento

and

Fairfield is 47 min (37.4 mi) via I-80 W to Berkeley

Fairfield is 1 h 9 min (47.4 mi) via I-80 W to San Francisco

A local-to-Fairfield newspaper (Solano County's Daily Republic) opines on this. It says "Fairfield is in that “in-between” area – literally. It is 44 miles from downtown Fairfield to downtown Sacramento and 47 miles to downtown San Francisco." The mayor, though, considers Fairfield to be part of the Bay Area:

http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/so...en-bay-valley/

Old 11-28-2016, 02:23 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post

There are crazy people on the left and the right, the difference is that liberals know to ignore their own party's crazies. The Right champions their own crazies and then they look fondly at those on the left.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:31 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,991,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Personally, As a native of the SFBA, I don't consider Fairfield to be part of the San Francisco Bay Area. I think of it as a pit-stop on the way to Sacramento, the same as Vacaville.

As a matter of fact, Fairfield is 46 min (43.2 mi) via I-80 E to Sacramento

and

Fairfield is 47 min (37.4 mi) via I-80 W to Berkeley

Fairfield is 1 h 9 min (47.4 mi) via I-80 W to San Francisco

A local-to-Fairfield newspaper (Solano County's Daily Republic) opines on this. It says "Fairfield is in that “in-between” area – literally. It is 44 miles from downtown Fairfield to downtown Sacramento and 47 miles to downtown San Francisco." The mayor, though, considers Fairfield to be part of the Bay Area:

http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/so...en-bay-valley/

Just thinking that Fairfield is too far to be in the Bay Area is your opinion, doesn't make it true however. Fairfield is in Solano Co which is in one of the 9 counties of the Bay area. If one is judging this by how long it takes to get to San Francisco with traffic, then you could say the same about Palo Alto, Sonoma, Petaluma, Antioch, Pleasanton/Livermore, Sunnyvale...MANY other cities. The Bay Area is an entire region---not based on how close it is to San Francisco specifically.

I'm sure I'm older than you, but there was actually a time back in the 70's and 80's when one could literally drive from Fairfield to the City in 25 minutes. I know this because I used to do it every other weekend when visiting my aunt in Fairfield. I lived in San Francisco. There wasn't much traffic back then. It wasn't a problem at all, and many people would do this commute without issue! Also, Fairfield/Suisun sits right on the Bay...which includes the San Francisco Bay Estuary Research Reserve.

But nevertheless, I'm not entirely sure as to why you posted this particular post on this thread? I probably just missed something along the way since I haven't read through all the posts.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:30 AM

3,247 posts, read 6,304,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
I'm sure I'm older than you, but there was actually a time back in the 70's and 80's when one could literally drive from Fairfield to the City in 25 minutes. I know this because I used to do it every other weekend when visiting my aunt in Fairfield. I lived in San Francisco.
If you drove the 47.1 miles from Fairfield to SF in 25 minutes that means you were driving 113 mph!!!

Old 11-28-2016, 12:05 PM

39 posts, read 45,410 times
Its nice to see BS being called out.....

Old 11-28-2016, 02:16 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,991,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
If you drove the 47.1 miles from Fairfield to SF in 25 minutes that means you were driving 113 mph!!!
Nah...probably more like 75-80. I exaggerated a tad--- But nevertheless... It wasn't a traumatic drive like it is now and Fairfield is still part of the Bay Area.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:24 PM

351 posts, read 342,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Nah...probably more like 75-80. I exaggerated a tad--- But nevertheless... It wasn't a traumatic drive like it is now and Fairfield is still part of the Bay Area.
lmao. Did you just deny math
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland