Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 06:00 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
If your so worried about nuclear bombs Maybe you should have stayed in England but opps they're being bombed by isis terrorists and we're not under Trump.

Xanax works better then pot. Pot makes you paranoid which is obviously not good for nor Cals
Sure---okay guy!

Scoot along now...Your presence is pointless and nonsensical.

PS...you might want to consider going back to school to learn the written English language.

Last edited by clongirl; 05-28-2017 at 06:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 07:21 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
I remember when Obama was in charge and the far right were hugging their pillows watching Fox News's propaganda... now that Trump is in charge, it's the far left hugging their pillows watching CNN's propaganda.

You see, the crazies in each party aren't too different after all, LOL, nor is the media.

Last edited by bmw335xi; 05-28-2017 at 08:08 PM..

Old 05-28-2017, 09:12 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I remember when Obama was in charge and the far right were hugging their pillows watching Fox News's propaganda... now that Trump is in charge, it's the far left hugging their pillows watching CNN's propaganda.

You see, the crazies in each party aren't too different after all, LOL, nor is the media.
Really? Do a lot of people watch CNN? I thought most people watched regular network news, or the PBS News hour, if they watch TV news at all.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Really? Do a lot of people watch CNN? I thought most people watched regular network news, or the PBS News hour, if they watch TV news at all.
Yes, a lot of people watch CNN, MSNBC etc known as the mainstream media which is now more bias than Fox News

Old 05-28-2017, 11:09 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
I don't know why all you folks go after each other with such ferocity. I must assume you enjoy it.

I don't know the real story from Berkeley, but my immediate reaction is that assault on anyone else is NEVER fine. It doesn't matter if you are right, left or center, it is not OK to attack others. If their actions are so inflammatory that you feel you can only react violently, then you have a problem. People who have the public trust (teachers, health care workers, law enforcement, political leaders, etc.) who cannot control their emotions to the point that they attack people should no longer be allowed to serve in that capacity. We can't trust someone who is likely to turn on the public they are supposed to serve.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:35 AM

911 posts, read 590,861 times
Quote:
Yes, a lot of people watch CNN, MSNBC etc known as the mainstream media which is now more bias than Fox News
FOX News is the nation's #1 news source. It has defined "biased news". CNN and MSNBC also are biased but are following FOX's leadership in crap "journalism." Even so, CNN still adheres to better journalistic guidelines, by far, than does FOX. What you observe as heavily "biased" is CNN's "opinion" programming - which is a bit different from its basic news coverage, though it does tailor its news coverage to feed its opinion programming shows.
Quote:
“As we close out our 20th year, Fox News continues to redefine television news and break ratings records, proving it is indeed the most watched and most trusted television news source in the country,” said co-presidents Jack Abernethy and Bill Shine.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:02 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I don't know why all you folks go after each other with such ferocity. I must assume you enjoy it.

I don't know the real story from Berkeley, but my immediate reaction is that assault on anyone else is NEVER fine. It doesn't matter if you are right, left or center, it is not OK to attack others. If their actions are so inflammatory that you feel you can only react violently, then you have a problem. People who have the public trust (teachers, health care workers, law enforcement, political leaders, etc.) who cannot control their emotions to the point that they attack people should no longer be allowed to serve in that capacity. We can't trust someone who is likely to turn on the public they are supposed to serve.
This ^

About as spot on as you could get

Old 05-29-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleysOwl View Post
FOX News is the nation's #1 news source. It has defined "biased news". CNN and MSNBC also are biased but are following FOX's leadership in crap "journalism." Even so, CNN still adheres to better journalistic guidelines, by far, than does FOX. What you observe as heavily "biased" is CNN's "opinion" programming - which is a bit different from its basic news coverage, though it does tailor its news coverage to feed its opinion programming shows.
Fox by itself, but the mainstream media is more than just CNN and outnumbers Fox. And no, CNN has worse guidelines than Fox these days. CNN used to be the closest thing to fair and balanced, but no longee, I find myself looking at Fox News to see what things got done during Trump's overseas trip, on CNN the only thing we learned was a long handshake and a photo op shove, great journalism! CNN is also like 98.5% opinionated crap these days too. Don Lemon for example said if you are a Blck male, you have a 1/3 chance of doing time in prison, um no, if you break the law... CNN's whole message is to make groups of people feel like victims and you should just give up in life or you should feel ashamed for being born white. Oh and They did a great job convincing the sheep that Islam promotes Liberal ideals like same sex marriage and women's rights lulz. And that there is no different between immigrants and people illegally entering or staying in the country. They make Denmark and other countries seem like heaven yet fail to state that if you drop a baby there you arent given citizenship or if you want ignore their immigraion laws you'll be given citizenship etc.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:58 AM

911 posts, read 590,861 times
Quote:
Fox by itself, but the mainstream media is more than just CNN and outnumbers Fox. And no, CNN has worse guidelines than Fox these days. CNN used to be the closest thing to fair and balanced, but no longee, I find myself looking at Fox News to see what things got done during Trump's overseas trip, on CNN the only thing we learned was a long handshake and a photo op shove, great journalism! CNN is also like 98.5% opinionated crap these days too. Don Lemon for example said if you are a Blck male, you have a 1/3 chance of doing time in prison, um no, if you break the law... CNN's whole message is to make groups of people feel like victims and you should just give up in life or you should feel ashamed for being born white.
The fact you admit you now are "looking at Fox News to see what things got done " tells a very humorous story in light of your complaints about media bias. So now that you perceive major MSM to be biased you turn to the genesis of news bias for your source ... instead of say using your intellect to sort through the many sources available in todays information culture and figure out what's going on. NPR / PBS, by the way, are your extremely least biased sources handling news on a large scale. The BBC is also an excellent reference. But there are many fine journalists also reporting in MSM. Its not really hard to pay attention to story sourcing and follow links to track the veracity of MSM news stories.

Media such as NY Times, LA Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune commonly reviled and ridiculed as "leftist" and "fake news" media by the far right are editorially liberal. But "editorial" means "opinion" and that aspect of their communications is identified and separated from basic news coverage. For basic news coverage, they may choose stories and issues that they editorially consider important. But they still adhere to strict ethical rules of journalism in reporting. All facts are triple-sourced and verified. All quotes, too, as well as factual representations. Disclaimers and oppositional views are included whenever available.

If you don't understand how real journalism works, and you care (which you dont seem to), then the onus is on you to educate yourself on how to discern what's legitimate .... rather than simply turn to "looking at Fox News to see what things got done ..."

Old 05-29-2017, 09:04 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Fox by itself, but the mainstream media is more than just CNN and outnumbers Fox. And no, CNN has worse guidelines than Fox these days. CNN used to be the closest thing to fair and balanced, but no longee, I find myself looking at Fox News to see what things got done during Trump's overseas trip, on CNN the only thing we learned was a long handshake and a photo op shove, great journalism! CNN is also like 98.5% opinionated crap these days too. Don Lemon for example said if you are a Blck male, you have a 1/3 chance of doing time in prison, um no, if you break the law... CNN's whole message is to make groups of people feel like victims and you should just give up in life or you should feel ashamed for being born white. Oh and They did a great job convincing the sheep that Islam promotes Liberal ideals like same sex marriage and women's rights lulz. And that there is no different between immigrants and people illegally entering or staying in the country. They make Denmark and other countries seem like heaven yet fail to state that if you drop a baby there you arent given citizenship or if you want ignore their immigraion laws you'll be given citizenship etc.
OMG this x1000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland