Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 01:03 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,766,520 times

Advertisements

I wouldn’t get a car if I were you. Stay in the Union Square and take Bart to Fremont, then Uber from Bart to Tesla. I’m not getting any rental car. Too much headache.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 02:43 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,249,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I wouldn’t get a car if I were you. Stay in the Union Square and take Bart to Fremont, then Uber from Bart to Tesla. I’m not getting any rental car. Too much headache.
He wants to go to Yosemite and Napa, he's gonna need a car for that anyway. But yeah, for the city stuff he could leave the car at the hotel by the airport and take the BART.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:58 PM

881 posts, read 1,815,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
Prices are insane in San Fran......especially downtown. We're coming over from the east coast for a few weeks, and staying in San fran for 3 days and 3 nights in june.

- Visit Tesla factory in Fremont
Which 3 days on June makes a big difference. i.e. last week in June is Pride...prices area always high for that. As are any days where is a big convention in town.

Do you have tickets for the Tesla tour already? Child care line up for the kids (young kids aren't allow on the tour).

Old 03-06-2019, 05:09 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,756,001 times
Quote:
Is this the airport you're suggesting i stay near?

600 Airport Blvd, Burlingame, CA 94010

the hotel is Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
San Francisco International Airport. I think the address of the airport is in South San Francisco. San Bruno, Millbrae and Burlingame are all adjacent.

There are hotels all along the BART system along El Camino Real. Hotels east of Hwy 101 also. I've stayed at Larkspur Landing north of the airport.

Prices definitely vary if there are events going on in the Bay Area...

Last edited by Vic Romano; 03-06-2019 at 05:21 PM..

Old 03-06-2019, 05:33 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,499,635 times
If you plan on going to Fremont and Napa, my recommendation is that you base yourself in the East Bay. It'll be less expensive, and you can get a centrally located hotel or nice Airbnb for a reasonable amount of money compared to San Francisco city in an area with a lot more character than SFO. Plus if you find a spot near BART, you can easily take the subway in on the day(s) you want to see the sights in SF. Just keep in mind that trains are packed on weekdays until 9:30 AM and again from 3:30 to 7 PM.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:24 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,299,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
i'm renting a car for 3 weeks....from LAX, to Monterey, to SF, to Yosemite, to Palm springs, to LAX. kinda need a car....

Old 03-07-2019, 06:24 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,299,404 times
Just booked San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront for $125 bucks a night ($450 total for 3 nights). super happy with the price. it was a flash sale (tried to book it separately and it was 280 a night!)

it's non-refundable, but i'm good with that. everything else along our 3 week trip is cancel-able...so i'll keep looking for lower rates periodically. thanks everyone for the help!

Old 03-07-2019, 01:14 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,750,953 times
If you decide on SF after all I recommend the Royal Pacific on Broadway in Chinatown. Clean, convenient and includes parking. Royal Pacific Motor Inn * Royal Pacific Motor Inn a San Francisco Motor Hotel * San Francisco Lodging * San Francisco Accommodations

Old 03-07-2019, 01:19 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,081,026 times
Hey sorry for that $500 hotel tip I gave you.
I had no idea.
I mean it’s nice but not that nice.
I thought it would be cheaper since to me it looked like it needed a new paint job and stuff.

If you get a chance check out the Mt Diablo view if it’s clear after some rainy days.
It’s just stunning.
Good luck to ya.

Old 03-07-2019, 03:51 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,499,635 times
Quote:
Just booked San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront for $125 bucks a night ($450 total for 3 nights). super happy with the price. it was a flash sale (tried to book it separately and it was 280 a night!)
Score! The hotel is well rated and reasonably well situated for the Burlingame area, and I doubt you'll be able to find anything nicer at that price point. Millbrae BART Station (https://www.bart.gov) is a short drive away for those trips into SF proper, and the free Burlingame Trolley (https://www.burlingame.org/departmen...y/shuttles.php) picks you up out front and shuttles you to their little downtown area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland