Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 03:22 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,068,257 times

Advertisements

San Jose, Castro Valley, Fremont would my suggestions. All have pretty decent schools and are nice communities. Good luck and do your research. Pleasanton isn't bad just not my cup of tea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 04:31 PM

1,317 posts, read 4,057,863 times
San Lorenzo isn't too bad either. I lived there for about 15 years altogether before I moved to Texas in 2006.

Hayward has their good parts and bad. I'd avoid South Hayward tho.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:28 AM

85 posts, read 203,292 times
The OP wants a place friendly for their dog and family. Pleasanton is nice (lived there...well, Dublin, same diff) and though very nice and 'pleasant' most of the time, OP would have a commute to Hayward. Not a big one, by any means. If you can afford it, it's very nice.

I have lived all over the bay area and hand-picked Fremont as the best place in the Bay Area to raise a family. I live near Niles Canyon, 5 minute drive from BART, and I'd recommend living here to anyone. The weather is nice, it's very family oriented, highly educated populace, bedroom community, nice for hiking, biking, trails, etc.

Quarry Lakes is right outside my apartments and I LOVE it here in Fremont. Prices are lower than in Pleasanton and it's just as nice, IMO. If you stay close to Quarry Lakes, you'll see tons of greenery and trees everywhere, and the weather is cooler than Pleasanton too.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:18 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E14 View Post
it is bland generic suburbia
i guess you consider tract houses and malls "nice"
castro valley is boring, but at least the houses/people don't all look exactly alike
Yes I do. You are right all the houses in Castro Valley don't look the same. Some are nice and others are run down pieces of crap.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:08 PM

14 posts, read 62,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E14 View Post
it is bland generic suburbia
i guess you consider tract houses and malls "nice"
castro valley is boring, but at least the houses/people don't all look exactly alike

I didn't find any racist innuendos in this comment. I think what's meant by "they all look alike" in Pleasanton is that the people tend to look plastic and vapid. I'm white by the way. That being said, I'd say move there anyway because it's a safe area. I do like Castro Valley as well. I have a friend that lives there and I always like looking at all the nice houses when I drive through.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:25 PM

75 posts, read 302,404 times
If you want to live in the ghetto, then Hayward is your place.
Pleasanton is one of the best cities to live in the country.
That's why John Madden and Rod Woodson still live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland