Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 04:38 PM

282 posts, read 382,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevelo View Post
Californians have, in their laissez-faire approach to things, often foolishly voted to legalize things when they should know better. Pot is one of those things.

I have yet to meet someone - 'successful' or not - that smokes weed that isn't terribly irresponsible or lazy in some deal-breaking way. Just because they may hold down a six figure job and drive a Eurocar and actually have money in the bank, they still have screwed up other areas of their lives - marriages, their kids, their relationships with their extended families, plus the fact that smoking pot does horrible things to your brain and lungs.

I won't be voting to legalize it, and if it is legalized, I'm going to raise the same hell about pot smoke that I raise about cigarette smoke being blown in my direction. You want to get stoned? Fine, stay home and eat an entire case of Doritos while watching people cuss on MTV and think that its somehow funny. But if I'm in public and you're smoking outside a patio where I'm trying to eat, I'm going to let you know what a tool you are. Loudly, and in a confrontational, combative manner. I have a right to NOT breathe your crap or have my life polluted by a drug user's mentality.
LOL aside from your ridiculous stereotypes and obvious misinformation about it doing horrible things to the brain and lungs, none which have ever been confirmed by any physician, what makes you think people will be allowed to smoke weed in places when they can't smoke cigarettes. I'm also pretty sure you won't get hostile and loud about people smoking either as you confront strangers with an attitude like that you might end up in a hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 05:03 PM

771 posts, read 1,582,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
LOL aside from your ridiculous stereotypes and obvious misinformation about it doing horrible things to the brain and lungs, none which have ever been confirmed by any physician, what makes you think people will be allowed to smoke weed in places when they can't smoke cigarettes. I'm also pretty sure you won't get hostile and loud about people smoking either as you confront strangers with an attitude like that you might end up in a hospital.
My GF works with doctors that have done the research on the link between pot and glaucoma relief. Um - 0.

Its a drug to get high/stoned on, just like alcohol and other drugs. I simply wish the pothead community would be honest and say they want the same right to get hammered on pot that people do on alcohol. It actually would make for a more meaningful debate on the matter.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevelo View Post
My GF works with doctors that have done the research on the link between pot and glaucoma relief. Um - 0.

Its a drug to get high/stoned on, just like alcohol and other drugs. I simply wish the pothead community would be honest and say they want the same right to get hammered on pot that people do on alcohol. It actually would make for a more meaningful debate on the matter.
Really what doctors are these and what is their specialty because I don't believe you and neither will the medical community. Post their articles.

It's been studied time and time again that medical use of marijuana has been used to lower (IOP) in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma . FACT now post those articles.

http://www.eyecareamerica.org/eyecare/treatment/alternative-therapies/marijuana-glaucoma.cfm (broken link)

Old 06-07-2010, 06:30 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Hmmm...sensing a strong case of narcissistic personality disorder around here...

Are not the people who tirelessly boast about how impressed they are with themselves (and therefore all others are not worthy) aware of the irony of doing so on an internet forum? Those who call themselves "successful" are invariably those who have something important to do. Unless they're full of it.

How cool - we have a new contender to join C-D legend hsw. High five!

Old 06-07-2010, 06:45 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,993,705 times
I don't smoke pot. I live in SOMA. I am not against people who occasionally smoke pot for recreation so long as they are responsible about it and they don't have kids- and definitly okay for those who use it for medical reasons. I just think smoking pot daily and weekly for enjoyment is too frequent and likely to result in a lower motivation drive and possibly impaired judgment and decision making. With that said, if these people choose to live this alternative lifestyle centered around marijuana use, I can tolerate them as long as they do it privately, aren't living in my hood, and aren't doing stupid and other illegal things that affect me and my family. It would be nice if they looked a little more cleaned up since a lot of them seem to need a haircut and a shower or something.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:24 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,254,100 times
Facts about Marijuana and its dangers:
THE MEDICAL DANGERS OF MARIJUANA USE

Old 06-07-2010, 09:29 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,858,478 times
Has anybody tried K2 or "pep spice" in California. It's like a synthetic marijuana with some chemical compound. It's a big thing in Arkansas & Missouri. For some reason a lot of drugs originate in Southwest Missouri (like meth). I understand K2 is illegal in most of Europe.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:28 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,246,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Yeah, my life sucks. Living in this ridiculous big house, and driving my red sports car to the beach really blows.
Shouldn't be too hard to figure out which one applies . . .

tool - Wiktionary

Old 06-08-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Facts about Marijuana and its dangers:
THE MEDICAL DANGERS OF MARIJUANA USE
Hey idiot, the possible dangers affect those already very ill, I.E. AIDS Patients and Cancer Patients going through Chemo. Most people who Smoke are not dying from HIV/AIDS or Cancer. Notice the "MAY" reference, none of this has been proven it's all assumptions from one doctors point of view.

Donald P. Tashkin, MD Title: Director of the Pulmonary Function Laboratories at the University of California, Los Angeles Position: Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Should marijuana be a medical option?"
"To the Editor: You point to largely experiential evidence of the medicinal benefits of marijuana and the apparent absence of serious short-term toxicity. However, a note of caution is warranted. Although it is true that smoking marijuana carries no immediate risk of death, there may be serious adverse effects in the very patients for whom medicinal marijuana is most commonly considered (i.e., those whose immune defenses are already compromised by AIDS or cancer plus chemotherapy). For example, in patients with AIDS, marijuana use has been associated with the development of both fungal and bacterial pneumonias. Moreover, among HIV-positive persons, marijuana use has been shown to be a risk factor for rapid progression from HIV infection to AIDS and the acquisition of opportunistic infections or Kaposi's sarcoma, or both. Cellular studies and studies in animals lend support to these potential health consequences of marijuana."

Old 06-08-2010, 12:43 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
Shouldn't be too hard to figure out which one applies . . .

tool - Wiktionary

6. An obnoxious or uptight person.
7. (slang) Penis.

Which one applies to Mr. Fantastic?

Quote:
Mr Fantastic Living in this ridiculous big house, and driving my red sports car to the beach really blows.
Yeah, right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland