Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 04:04 AM

345 posts, read 1,031,207 times

Advertisements

It's really not that big of a spot anyhow. There's not a ton of restaurants nor nightlife there in the first place. It's a tiny little part of Wincester and Stevens Creek.

Amazing that this is the "hot spot" for a city of nearly 1 million people and about 1.8 million in the county. Lol wow.

The only reason it gets hyped is because it's the closest thing San Jose has to any sort of trendiness. The bar is set so low. But with that said; it's still probably the coolest place in San Jose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 07:12 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,156,794 times
Trumped-up fakey fake garbage. The restaurants are no better than the holes in the wall that line every street in the city; they're just more expensive. I've never been there and thought it was anything but laughable.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:13 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,040,993 times
I'm confused. I actually almost never hear anybody talk about Santana Row unless it's relevant to the conversation somehow.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:32 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,285,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post

The only reason it gets hyped is because it's the closest thing San Jose has to any sort of trendiness. The bar is set so low. But with that said; it's still probably the coolest place in San Jose.
Well, imagine what it was like before Santana Row. As fake as it is there, sometimes its nice to see people who actually care about looking good when they go out. I do miss that about living in SoCal. I love the tech gadgets, but not so much the engineering culture, where people honestly don't put any effort in to looking nice when they go out.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:03 PM

264 posts, read 831,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Well, imagine what it was like before Santana Row. As fake as it is there, sometimes its nice to see people who actually care about looking good when they go out. I do miss that about living in SoCal. I love the tech gadgets, but not so much the engineering culture, where people honestly don't put any effort in to looking nice when they go out.
I somehow appreciate the lack of pressure to "dress up" every time I go out here in the bay area, but also do like that there are places where looking really put together is expected (like Santana row). Maybe it is a bit sad that this area doesn't have more places like that--i.e. having social pressure to look nice when you go there.

For this area, looking nice is usually seen as elitist IMO--it's just not the norm among different classes to always look nice, as say in western European countries or Japan. I think dressing nicely in the bay area translates over into "oh, he/she must be wealthy" or "they are just pretending to be wealthy" because he/she dresses very well. Dressing nicely conjures up more negative perceptions (elitism) than positive, but would be great if that collective perception was changed and positive perceptions about fashion and looking put together were not so tied in with being wealthy or class status.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:16 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
Trumped-up fakey fake garbage. The restaurants are no better than the holes in the wall that line every street in the city; they're just more expensive. I've never been there and thought it was anything but laughable.
What about the places to eat specifically in Willow Glen? I personally love to eat at the Vin Santo Italian restaurant on Lincoln Ave.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:11 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
I visited Santana Row once. Seemed kinda cool, a little fake/forced, but I had some good Mexican food there. Can't remember the name of the restaurant, but I think they're well known for fish tacos.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:37 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
This is true, but some of the folks at Santana Row overdo it...although that can actually be entertaining .

Old 02-13-2013, 03:51 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,698,331 times
Who's been hyping Santana Row????

Old 02-13-2013, 11:04 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
MOST of the folks at Santana Row overdo it...
fyp

A bunch of yuppies doing the Guido and His Ho's thing doesn't add up to sophisticated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose