Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 01:39 AM

67 posts, read 145,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Do you oen real estate in CA?

Do you own your own small business in CA?

I'm only asking becasue you seem to be blathering on about talking point that mean nothing to the lives of most people except to get them all riled up. Take you idea about sky high real estate and taxes, TX has sky high property taxes so I'm wondering how you reconcile that in your head. That's just one of many things that make me question your validity as newbie poster.

My advice is to move to Texas though, that's always my advice to folks with your complaints.
So this dude thinks it's questionable for a person to own real estate and a business? Jesus, do you live in a ghetto or something? ROFL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 12:07 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,374,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlwl8521 View Post
Where else in the USA can I get this kind of weather? I ask because I'm trying to avoid the high cost of living and high taxes in California.
Oh, you mean Perfectburg, USA!!! ...Inside a giant warehouse, carefully climate controlled to suit your liking. You can even install a fake indoor beach at one end if it's big enough!

Otherwise, nowhere, hence the high CoL & Taxes.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:40 PM

848 posts, read 968,395 times
The areas highlighted in purple are one's options for California weather outside of California.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:12 AM

3 posts, read 4,200 times
Default Dfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
Where in North Texas? Our son and family lived in Wichita Falls, TX for 4 years. They moved to Monterey California 2 years ago and like it a lot more. We visited Wichita Falls many times. We wouldn't want to live there and it would cost us more to live there than here.
We live in Denton, a suburb northwest of Dallas. We've found Texas to offer a thriving economy and a great value in housing. In the last 12 months the DFW area created a net 104,600 jobs, more than many states. Many corporations are moving here or expanding in this region. The disposable income a family has after taxes and cost of living can be 2-3 times more than the average family in California.

I can't think of a place in the world that has better weather than along the coast of California. Monterey and Carmel were our weekend spots for years (prior to kids). If you can afford to live there, congrats! If not, you can have enough disposable income available as a Texas resident to rent a beach house along the California coast for a month in the summer. Not a bad way to go either!

Old 07-29-2013, 11:11 PM

504 posts, read 852,852 times
If you're looking for 'California' weather in Arizona, your best bet would probably be Sierra Vista down in the southern part of the state. No, it's clearly not San Jose or San Diego - It's warmer in the summer, and has cooler winter lows but low overall precipitation with little/uncommon snow.

It's certainly cooler than the extreme heat of Phoenix's long summers that don't cool off at night, and doesn't get the snowfall/cold winters of Flagstaff.

Speaking as a Californian currently living in Phoenix

Old 07-29-2013, 11:39 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times
These threads are actually pretty funny. Where can I find perfect weather, without having to pay for it? Uh, nowhere. You might find perfect weather in some third world country, but you'll pay for it one way or another. Or you can move to CA and pay for it, but have decent police and legal structure.

But, you don't get to have it all. Perfect place, perfect weather = not free.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:46 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,363,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
These threads are actually pretty funny. Where can I find perfect weather, without having to pay for it? Uh, nowhere. You might find perfect weather in some third world country, but you'll pay for it one way or another. Or you can move to CA and pay for it, but have decent police and legal structure.

But, you don't get to have it all. Perfect place, perfect weather = not free.
Yep - they don't call it the "sunshine tax" for nothing.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:24 PM

493 posts, read 783,706 times
cape town south africa (never been, but reports seem reliable)
parts of australia
parts of chile
northern baja, mexico

no other state is going to replicate stereotypical california weather, not even close really.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:53 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,288,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
no other state is going to replicate stereotypical california weather, not even close really.
How about spending the winter in Phoenix and the summer in Portland? I think that would do it.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:12 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical347 View Post
Sorry no. Otherwise everyone would have already moved there and it would be just like CA. Try the Mediterranean.
LOL... gotta love people who want what makes CA so expensive & desirable, just without paying the cost. If such a thing existed, it would be overpopulated and expensive too within a short period of time! I watch a lot of the show House Hunters, and see this type all the time on there.

Wish this magical place did exist without the matching COL, but unfortunately it does not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose