Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 04:01 PM

386 posts, read 1,015,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I have to say, I have not found the humidity to be as bad as expected here. Of course, coming from cities like DC and Baltimore makes it a fairly easy transition.

Mid-October or so, the weather becomes much more conducive to throwing open the lanai doors.

Of course, the trade-off is that the seasonal crowd shows up to share it with you.

I work from home and take care of our baby daughter every day, so I am REALLY looking forward to these doors opening up soon, and working from my lanai every day. It's just the best.

Same thing happens in the spring.
I agree being a NJ native. The humidity is wicked but not something I haven't lived with previously. It's the high heat (temperature) that gets to me. I don't agree with the sayings about "dry heat" either. I one got a second degree burn in Sacramento from a car armrest when it was 105 degrees! Could barely breathe either. Still people said, "Well, it's not bad...it's a DRY heat!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 04:15 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,142,555 times
spend a weekend at dothan, (ft rucker) alabama. the worst day here will feel like the airconditioner is on outside.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:31 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
I never got used to the humidity in 15 yrs, it was like everything you did outside for most of the year it was a sweat fest and during mid summer it was like your eyeballs were sweating ,working outside a cloths change at lunch time was necessary,a towel was always a part of the clothing as wiping sweat from head and hair was constant...
Lot of people seem to not mind the humidity i've always wondered do they sweat as much as i do but just dont mind the condition?

Old 09-25-2011, 04:41 PM

879 posts, read 1,953,577 times
i'm really an in-doorsy type so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me!

Old 09-25-2011, 06:28 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
Yeah, you do get tired of the humidity after awhile. It seems to drag on. But when October comes and you can open the doors and get that fresh air, it definitely feels NICE. I got used to the humidity after the first year of living here, but it is more enjoyable when you can spend more time outdoors without sweating. I get my outside work done in the mornings and eves. Just wait, the winters here make it all worthwhile.
October???? Try December or January.

The weather will remain the same as it is right now through October and November.

There is no change.

Last Thanksgiving it was almost 90 degrees, not exactly open the window weather.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:37 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
From Sept-Dec it generally cools of about 5 degrees per month. Those are the months when you'll notice the biggest temperature changes: Sarasota Florida Weather - Average Temperature in Sarasota Florida - World Travel Guide In Nov the high is around 80 degrees. That's what I keep my A/C set at so it's usually time to open the windows. There are fluke days where it will get much higher or much lower but generally it's quite comfortable.

I would have to agree with TammyRE. There is not a huge change but you will notice a difference.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:32 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
I have never spent an entire summer there, but I do know whenever I'm there (visiting Mom), my hair is about twice as big. Even in the winter months, there's no use flat-ironing it. Maybe because it's close to the coast, or maybe because it's just FL. I may end up moving there because the cold actually causes me physical pain....but I'll have to adjust my hairstyle.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:04 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I have never spent an entire summer there, but I do know whenever I'm there (visiting Mom), my hair is about twice as big. Even in the winter months, there's no use flat-ironing it. Maybe because it's close to the coast, or maybe because it's just FL. I may end up moving there because the cold actually causes me physical pain....but I'll have to adjust my hairstyle.
I quickly have given up on the flat iron. It's just not worth the time and effort to have it look worse in 10 minutes. I have however found a product that helps a LOT. Redkin Ringlet 07. Towel dry your hair, rub one squirt of this in your hands and rub through your hair. Let it air dry and scrunch as it's drying. There is still a little frizz but nice natural looking curls. I don't fight it anymore!

Old 09-26-2011, 05:09 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,142,555 times
the heat and humidity in florida is, nor never was a secret. why would someone that does not like heat and humidity move here? if one was not sure if they would like it wouldnt it have made sense to spend a week or two here during the peak of summer. kind of like moving to alaska and hating shoveling snow.

can someone answer why you moved here and then suddenly came to the realization that its hot and humid?

Old 09-26-2011, 06:13 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post
can someone answer why you moved here and then suddenly came to the realization that its hot and humid?
Mom and Dad decided they didnt like European winters so they moved to Florida, i was too young to have any say in the matter..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area