Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 10:15 PM

528 posts, read 870,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
And in contrast, I'm mid thirties and love it. But I'm not single, I'm happily married. I'd hate to be single here.
Sarasota isn't the only place that would suck if you were single though.. The west coast also does especially Portland. That's a place you need to go WITH someone and with money saved and a lot of it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 10:31 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,114,852 times
The OP is looking for beaches and fun bars, and she does not say she is looking for love. But just in case, here are the results of a study of facebook relationship status and people moving from single to in a relationship. it is sort of one measure of the quality of single life. Tampa scored well. Orlando is the only other Florida city that made the list.

Which cities have the highest rates of coupling up, according to Facebook?

Old 04-08-2014, 11:01 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,353,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post
The OP is looking for beaches and fun bars, and she does not say she is looking for love. But just in case, here are the results of a study of facebook relationship status and people moving from single to in a relationship. it is sort of one measure of the quality of single life. Tampa scored well. Orlando is the only other Florida city that made the list.

Which cities have the highest rates of coupling up, according to Facebook?
Tampa is full of college hotties.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:30 AM

4,907 posts, read 14,169,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessieRN View Post
I am hoping to take a trip out to Sarasota in a month or so. Can anybody recommend a hotel that would be close to Downtown so I can walk around and explore?
Hotel Indigo

Old 04-11-2014, 11:32 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,351,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Hotel Indigo
Agreed, but I did not suggest it because it is a little further north than I thought would work.

It's a nice spot.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Lol Beninfl.....there is always hope....does anybody on this thread know any nurses who work at any of the area hospitals? Thoughts or opinions on working conditions? I have five years experience in the OR, certified in my specialty, and will have my BSN in less than a year. Anybody can message
Everyone in Nursing wants to move to SRQ area; I have friends that work at SRQ Memorial as well as Blake & Manatee in Bradenton. DM me.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:30 AM

5 posts, read 7,411 times
Hey ladywithafan..can't seem to dm you. I would love to know the specifics on those hospitals. I saw several openings at Sarasota mem hosp in my specialty, so I was thinking of going for it and applying can you dm me? Hopefully I can respond thru that. Thank you.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Hey ladywithafan..can't seem to dm you. I would love to know the specifics on those hospitals. I saw several openings at Sarasota mem hosp in my specialty, so I was thinking of going for it and applying can you dm me? Hopefully I can respond thru that. Thank you.
I live behind Sarasota Memorial; it's an awesome hospital. I've had minor surgery there, been through the ER a couple of times for stitches & thought staff was incredible. My xh works in a group at Manatee Memorial, had both my children there & staff was very accommodating. Have taken people to Blake for ER visits and again, another fine hospital. Not sure why you couldn't DM me; try again?! Hope this information helps!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area