Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 04:05 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,133,468 times

Advertisements

If you can make it the last week-end in July, there is the Pacific NW Arts and Crafts Fair in Bellevue. It's one of the biggest and best in the country.
Other then that, Seattle is very much like any other city in the country. If you've seen one city, you've seen them all, same modern highrise office towers which obscures anything you could see. Only difference is, in Seattle your lucky to see anything because it's always so dark, rainy, and foggy, -eccept we finally had one day to 'see' as this Sunday we actually saw some sun. Today it's back to the same-o-same-o dark, rainy dismall days as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 05:28 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,922,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
If you can make it the last week-end in July, there is the Pacific NW Arts and Crafts Fair in Bellevue. It's one of the biggest and best in the country.
Other then that, Seattle is very much like any other city in the country. If you've seen one city, you've seen them all, same modern highrise office towers which obscures anything you could see. Only difference is, in Seattle your lucky to see anything because it's always so dark, rainy, and foggy, -eccept we finally had one day to 'see' as this Sunday we actually saw some sun. Today it's back to the same-o-same-o dark, rainy dismall days as usual.
How about injecting a little sunshine, light and warmth into your replies, Vin?

Old 05-03-2011, 01:29 PM

217 posts, read 561,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Today it's back to the same-o-same-o dark, rainy dismall days as usual.
today it's sunny & blue skies

Old 05-03-2011, 03:30 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
How about injecting a little sunshine, light and warmth into your replies, Vin?
For some reason, when I think of sunshine, light, and warmth, Vinylly doesn't usually come to mind

Old 05-03-2011, 08:30 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,872 times
Definitely take a ferry to the San Juan Islands and see Orcas Island in particular. Beautiful ride on the water, quaint town filled with very friendly people. If you like a bigger town feel, you could also check out Friday Harbor but Orcas is personally my favorite. Be warned it's a long wait to get on the ferry in the summer time but it is so worth it. Hopefully August will be nice. Our weather has been very unpredictable lately even in the summer. Enjoy your trip!

Old 05-03-2011, 10:11 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,953,408 times
Thanks, all. We're really looking forward to visiting, since I haven't been to the Pacific Northwest since I was a baby, and that doesn't really count. I'm a little concerned about August, though - read online that it was fairly cool then, but now I hear conflicting reports of hotter days. Would September be better? Of course, that's when we get hurricanes here in NC. Guess no place is perfect.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:12 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
August is generally the nicest month in Seattle, weatherwise. Usually highs in the upper 70's, low 80's.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:11 AM

93 posts, read 263,903 times
I've never gone to Seattle without visiting Mt. Rainier at least once. In fact, I think I usually schedule one full day just for that, then end up going two days and deleting some other planned activity because it is (for me) just that good. On the way there or back, I can also recommend the Northwest Trek wildlife park. One of the residents was featured on Fox's "When Animals Attack!"

Northwest Trek

On my first trip out, I got a City Pass, and enjoyed most of the activities so I think I could recommend that too.

http://www.citypass.com/seattle

Old 05-04-2011, 08:23 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,372,565 times
I'm surprised that no one mentioned the Sculpture Garden on the waterfront in Seattle seeing that you like museums, public art and the outdoors. All three are right there.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:00 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,953,408 times
Ooh, more good ideas. City Pass sounds like a good idea, as does the Northwest Trek and sculpture gardens. You guys rock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area