Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2013, 06:57 AM

46 posts, read 171,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larei View Post
Well, my husband got the job!! We'll be moving to Seattle in 4 weeks! Crazy how quickly this has happened!
Congrats Larei!!

Please keep us updated with your move. I am preparing for an SDE interview (will apply soon, hopefully end of September) and I hope to post a similar message
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 09:52 AM

412 posts, read 1,152,860 times
I doubt Amazon have entry level positions without a college degree.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:07 AM

14 posts, read 22,333 times
Unhappy worried about been blacklisted

I applied to multiple open positions in amazon (under the same area) during the last few months. As some have received a "Reviewed - Not Selected" rating before getting an invitation to interview I felt that my resume was not correctly displaying the skills and experience they were looking. As I feel the experience asked and the job align very well, I went ahead and revised my resume, yet still did not get any calls. I revised my resume a third time to make it more concise and better display these skills and applied to more positions with the new resume.

Now I am worried that I might be labeled a spammer in their system and my applications might get automatically rejected. What are the experiences in the group? Any advice?

Old 07-25-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijinboricua View Post
I applied to multiple open positions in amazon (under the same area) during the last few months. As some have received a "Reviewed - Not Selected" rating before getting an invitation to interview I felt that my resume was not correctly displaying the skills and experience they were looking. As I feel the experience asked and the job align very well, I went ahead and revised my resume, yet still did not get any calls. I revised my resume a third time to make it more concise and better display these skills and applied to more positions with the new resume.

Now I am worried that I might be labeled a spammer in their system and my applications might get automatically rejected. What are the experiences in the group? Any advice?
I don't think they will blacklist just because you are have been applying frequently.

I had a phone interview with them few months ago. I thought I did pretty good on DS and complexities etc. I blew up coding exercise I didn't realize that I have to produce an error free/compilable code using the collabedit (come'on I use a proper editor and have become lazy with code assist etc). Though I explained their engineer the logic and everything. I still think that was the cause for rejection.

But the important thing is the recruiter told me that generally they want the candidates to wait for few months before re-applying, but if you choose to you can re-apply as many number of times. I choose to keep low for months and re-group and cover basics properly and re-apply.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:02 PM

22 posts, read 142,587 times
I still haven't received an update. When I checked with the recruiter, all he said was that they needed more time. Could it be, that they are divided opinion?

My chances look slim.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoias View Post
I doubt Amazon have entry level positions without a college degree.
I was talking about the HQ campus jobs, though. Just heard that they're hiring 7,000 workers, most of them for warehouse/distribution center jobs. None in Seattle area, only one in East WA state and several other states with 17 places that are hiring.

Wonder if it's true about the difficultly getting job with Amazon due to their hiring process recommends a referral from one of the employee you know who works at Amazon. I don't even know anyone there.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:23 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,480,244 times
Most companies now will offer more consideration to applicants who are referred by current employees.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaiunmei View Post
Most companies now will offer more consideration to applicants who are referred by current employees.
Did you say "most"? The companies can't expect people to know someone who works for that company. That's kinda like trying to invite your own son/daughter into working with their mom or dad.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoias View Post
Did you say "most"? The companies can't expect people to know someone who works for that company. That's kinda like trying to invite your own son/daughter into working with their mom or dad.
Most companies do have policies around hiring relatives or near-dear but they do encourage the employees to refer people. I have seen companies trusting their own employees more to get a good referral from their inner circle. Word of mouth still holds good even in times like FB, twitter etc

Old 07-31-2013, 06:06 AM

1 posts, read 4,491 times
I had onsite interview 11 days ago. I still have not received a response. I emailed the recruiter twice and called twice. They not pick up. Anyone who has written above and not got a response, were you finally able to get one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area