Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 02:48 PM

17 posts, read 25,912 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Seattle- or more accurately was forced to spend most of my childhood in America's most overrated city- and I can't get what the OP is getting at.

Live in a place with lousy weather- and yes, it does rain a lot and even when it doesn't rain it's cloudy ten months of the year. A place with unfriendly people? Google "Seattle freeze" and educate yourself. Awful public schools- schools where teachers don't care if you learn anything, teachers who look forward to the summer months as much as the students do? And absolutely horrible traffic- an friend of mine who still lives there told me it once took three hours to move nine miles.

And Seattle may have scenery- but SO WHAT?!?!? A lot of places have mountains. A lot of places have water. There's nothing special or unique about Seattle that can't be found elsewhere.

I lived in Seattle for 20 years- and the happiest day was the last. There isn't enough money in the world one could pay me to live in that awful place ever again. Or anywhere in the Pathetic North-waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 02:53 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Penhold View Post
I grew up in Seattle- or more accurately was forced to spend most of my childhood in America's most overrated city- and I can't get what the OP is getting at.

Live in a place with lousy weather- and yes, it does rain a lot and even when it doesn't rain it's cloudy ten months of the year. A place with unfriendly people? Google "Seattle freeze" and educate yourself. Awful public schools- schools where teachers don't care if you learn anything, teachers who look forward to the summer months as much as the students do? And absolutely horrible traffic- an friend of mine who still lives there told me it once took three hours to move nine miles.

And Seattle may have scenery- but SO WHAT?!?!? A lot of places have mountains. A lot of places have water. There's nothing special or unique about Seattle that can't be found elsewhere.

I lived in Seattle for 20 years- and the happiest day was the last. There isn't enough money in the world one could pay me to live in that awful place ever again. Or anywhere in the Pathetic North-waste.
Where do you enjoy living, Don P ?

Old 06-18-2017, 03:28 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,367,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Where do you enjoy living, Don P ?
He's in Overland Park, a suburb of Kansas City...

Old 06-18-2017, 03:31 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
I'm amazed that anyone would dig up a two year old thread to diss Seattle. For what it's worth, I do realize how lucky I am to live in this beautiful place. Have been to almost every state in the country and this is still the favorite, hands down.

Old 06-18-2017, 04:09 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
He's in Overland Park, a suburb of Kansas City...
What are the favorable and unfavorable features of OPKS ?

Old 06-18-2017, 05:16 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,882,281 times
Quote:

Dude! A current Seattle Mostly Sucks topic going and you unearth this old rock and post off topic.

Old 06-18-2017, 06:24 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:

Overland Park, Kansas City metro area, certainly isn't better in terms of economic opportunities compared to Seattle metro area, that is for certain. The state of Kansas is in a severe downward spiral, and you are currently in a small island of relative growth there compared to the massive decline in every direction outside of the OP bubble. Seattle has mild pleasant weather compared to the joke of a climate that is Kansas City.

Old 06-18-2017, 07:51 PM

547 posts, read 506,856 times
Did the sun come out yesterday in Seattle?
Did it come out today?

Old 06-18-2017, 08:04 PM

191 posts, read 161,274 times
Thread started in 2012, I'd call it 5 yrs old! :-)

Old 06-18-2017, 08:50 PM

102 posts, read 101,540 times
I don't get the whole "Seattle freeze" thing. People in Seattle act just like everywhere else. If anything, I'd say Spokane folks are a bit more "edgy".

I lived in Montreal for 4 years, and the people there were ten times ruder than in Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area