Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 04:52 PM

895 posts, read 1,704,001 times

Advertisements

I've heard mixed reviews from people about the nightlife here. Some say there are more options here than other cities and that there's something for everyone while others say that it's dull and a bit lacking. I've heard that the live music scene is great, and I've also heard that it's not like it was during the grunge days. I am personally optimistic about the nightlife because I am an avid electronic music fan, and have noticed that bands I enjoy come in pretty frequently. What are your thoughts? I know it's a subjective question but I'd just like to hear your experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 05:13 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsligar View Post
I've heard mixed reviews from people about the nightlife here. Some say there are more options here than other cities and that there's something for everyone while others say that it's dull and a bit lacking. I've heard that the live music scene is great, and I've also heard that it's not like it was during the grunge days. I am personally optimistic about the nightlife because I am an avid electronic music fan, and have noticed that bands I enjoy come in pretty frequently. What are your thoughts? I know it's a subjective question but I'd just like to hear your experiences.
There's not much variety. But it depends on what you like. Since it sounds like Seattle has what you like, then why worry about the rest?

Old 05-16-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's not much variety. But it depends on what you like. Since it sounds like Seattle has what you like, then why worry about the rest?
I am just curious about different perspectives.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:24 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,400,357 times
Seattle has a lot of local bands of various rock genres. There is also an emerging hip-hop scene in the city that's actually been there a while. it's now starting to get bigger.

Electronic music may have it's future in Seattle. As a producer of dance music myself and having roommates who play at major events, it's one more reason I want to get there.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Seattle has a lot of local bands of various rock genres. There is also an emerging hip-hop scene in the city that's actually been there a while. it's now starting to get bigger.

Electronic music may have it's future in Seattle. As a producer of dance music myself and having roommates who play at major events, it's one more reason I want to get there.
What program do you use?
I'm on propellorheads reason and it's tough to learn the ropes. I'm trying to learn to produce chillwave/glo-fi/dream pop type stuff.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:07 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,463,865 times
It's definitely not just grudge anymore. There is an awesome bar scene in Belltown and queen anne hill neighborhoods, Lots of music venues, bands, emerging club scene especially with the addition of the SLS hotel and night club in the new 5th and Columbia tower. I imagine the city scene becoming more "glamorous" feel to it with more Bars, dance, and night clubs moving near the waterfront areas, especially once to Alaskan way tunnel is done. its a good scene, maybe not New York or Miami but still impresses.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:02 PM

458 posts, read 958,708 times
I always have fun going out in Seattle...the music scene is fantastic...Tractor Tavern in Ballard, Nectar in Fremont and Neumos in Pike Pine are my favorites...obviously what you are looking for is subjective but I find plenty..my only complaint is that when I am craving a really late night, the city does not oblige...in that way it is not Manhattan where you can stay out till the wee hours in fun bars and restaurants...Seattle mostly turns off it's lights about 1:30 to 2:00 am

Old 05-16-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsligar View Post
What program do you use?
I'm on propellorheads reason and it's tough to learn the ropes. I'm trying to learn to produce chillwave/glo-fi/dream pop type stuff.
I use Cubase 7. If you're serious it's really the only way other than Protools which cost and arm and a leg. Composer Hans Zimmer does his scores in Cubase. It has a special scoring set up. I'll PM you a link to my work.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulseattlehomes View Post
I always have fun going out in Seattle...the music scene is fantastic...Tractor Tavern in Ballard, Nectar in Fremont and Neumos in Pike Pine are my favorites...obviously what you are looking for is subjective but I find plenty..my only complaint is that when I am craving a really late night, the city does not oblige...in that way it is not Manhattan where you can stay out till the wee hours in fun bars and restaurants...Seattle mostly turns off it's lights about 1:30 to 2:00 am
ugh it's like that in CA too. Yeah the scene up there is growing and diversifying a lot. It may not be New York but Seattle is a great city if you're an independent artist.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:19 PM

19 posts, read 35,613 times
But there are late-night restaurants--people just don't know about them. Five Point Cafe, the Hurricane, and Lucky Diner all in Belltown, 13 Coins in South Lake Union, Lost Lake in Capitol Hill, etc. Obviously it's nothing like New York, but they're out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area