Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 08:38 PM

3 posts, read 2,987 times

Advertisements

I moved to Seattle from Orlando a few year ago to take a promotion and they paid for the move. I miss the sunshine and the gorgeous women. If you're straight and single, Seattle is the worst place to go. If you like attractive people, then stay in Florida.

If you've ever seen Little House on the Prairie, that's what the women look like here. No makeup, no pride and not feminine.

The traffic is ridiculous. The speed limits are low everywhere, and the cops love to give out speeding tickets that double your car insurance with no mercy. The cost of living is sky high compared to Florida. No state income tax here, but the sales and property tax is insane.

The people here are rude, cold and introverted. It's hard to make friends. Seattle is a great place to visit for a few days, but that's about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 09:09 PM

305 posts, read 449,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarneystone32 View Post
I moved to Seattle from Orlando a few year ago to take a promotion and they paid for the move. I miss the sunshine and the gorgeous women. If you're straight and single, Seattle is the worst place to go. If you like attractive people, then stay in Florida.

If you've ever seen Little House on the Prairie, that's what the women look like here. No makeup, no pride and not feminine.

The traffic is ridiculous. The speed limits are low everywhere, and the cops love to give out speeding tickets that double your car insurance with no mercy. The cost of living is sky high compared to Florida. No state income tax here, but the sales and property tax is insane.

The people here are rude, cold and introverted. It's hard to make friends. Seattle is a great place to visit for a few days, but that's about it.
Hahaha... So true. The LHOTP comparison has me cracking up right now...

Old 06-25-2013, 10:16 PM

164 posts, read 430,279 times
It's true. Some of the guys here wear more makeup than the women. Strangely enough the women seem to do ok anyway. It's good to hear that our sisters in Orlando are compensating for our makeup deficits. It's like carbon offsets!

Old 06-26-2013, 08:57 AM

116 posts, read 226,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarneystone32 View Post

I visited Seattle back in 2007 and this probably has some truth to it. It's very expensive, much more than Tampa.

As far as the women go, there is a fitness niche that has some fit, attractive women. Also there is a large Asian population with many cute women. I think it's only fair to mention them but overall I would agree on the whole Florida will have far better looking women.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:58 AM

116 posts, read 226,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicomis View Post
Im moving there in 3 weeks from Tampa area. If you get homesick for Tampa, pm me and I will remind you of all the old people, pill mills, U.S. 19 hooker zombies, and jersey shore douche bags.
I'm actually strongly considering moving to Tampa in Dec ( from Atl) andd I have 2 friends there who love it. But the JerZ shore Guidos is what I'm worried about.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:07 PM

195 posts, read 335,843 times
As a Floridian these last 4 or 5 posts made me laugh, mostly because of how much a disagree. This isn't a WA vs FL comment, but in general, Florida has some of the ugliest people on on the east coast.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:59 PM

146 posts, read 189,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett_ptista View Post
As a Floridian these last 4 or 5 posts made me laugh, mostly because of how much a disagree. This isn't a WA vs FL comment, but in general, Florida has some of the ugliest people on on the east coast.
+1.
Not sure about Florida having the ugliest people, but Seattle has some of the finest chicks in the US.
Florida and US south generally has more fat people than the rest of the country.
Also southern attitude is generally vulgar and people are short-sighted, have extremely limited vocabulary and poorly educated comparing to north west which has possibly the nicest and most educated people in the country.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:17 PM

115 posts, read 205,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal8 View Post
+1.
Not sure about Florida having the ugliest people, but Seattle has some of the finest chicks in the US.
Florida and US south generally has more fat people than the rest of the country.
Also southern attitude is generally vulgar and people are short-sighted, have extremely limited vocabulary and poorly educated comparing to north west which has possibly the nicest and most educated people in the country.
Pretty/Ugly, Attractive/Unattractive, are all in the eye of the beholder. Tampa has tons of physically attractive women, and so does Seattle, but in large they don't convey the same type of look. Tampa has a lot of the flashy over made up NY/NJ types, but also some good o'l southern beach beauties as well. Personally, I like the "Fremont" type girl, covered in tattoos and looks like a 1950's/60's pin-up, and Seattle has many of those. Tampa does have a lot of ugly people too, but I think most of them are from the North East. For those that prefer a more mainstream beauty, it's not that Seattle doesn't have them, it's just that they hide it by dressing like crap.

liberal8, you have watched too many "Dukes of Hazzard" episodes. There are as many, vulgar, short-sighted, poorly educated people, in the city of Chicago, as there are in the entire south. The south's problem is in it's state policies, that aid the wealthy, and large businesses, and insure the poor stay "in their place".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area