Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 03:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,302 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am a single young professional female (just turn 31), have lived in Bellevue for the past 2 years, and looking to buy a townhome to call it a home of my own.

Ideally, I will like to buy in Bellevue (preferably South Bellevue: Lakemont, Eastside - Cougar Mt, Newport Hills, Factoria etc.), second choice will be Issaquah (in the area nearer to the Bellevue border). Desire to be somewhat off the junction of I-90/I-405 and not too far from SeaTac.

Other characteristics that relate to my impending home-buying:
(a) Budget <$350K
(b) Minimum of 2BR/2BA. 3BR or 2BR+1den will be bonus.
(c) Built 1990 or later
(d) Low HOA fees. The lesser the better ($100-200). Consider those >$350/month HOA fees a deal-breaker
(e) Want the style where garage and main living space (LR/kitchen) share the same floor entry level, e.g., 5563 Lakemont BLVD SE Unit 1304, Bellevue, WA - MLS 528647 (Lakemont) - Estately, rather than the type where garage is at a lower entry level 2680 139th AVE SE Unit 99, Bellevue, WA - MLS 526647 (Bellevue) - Estately. I refer to the latter as "shooting to the sky" type of townhome. However, I have found that the townhome style I like is hard to come by
(f) Do not need swimming pool, fitness center etc kind of amenities within the townhome complex
(g) Do not want to be at a place that is overwhelmingly family-oriented/with kids, but prefer a mix.
(h) School districts are not important to me since I do not have kids, but I understand that in keeping in mind of the future re-sale value of the home, I have to still consider this factor and thus decided on the focus locations as described in subject heading - I believe all those areas are considered great SD.
(i) Love outdoor, nature, hiking trails, parks. Pretty boring person in general when it comes to partying so do not need to be close to bars/pubs.

So far, I have been actively exploring the available MLS for-sale listings in the towns/neighborhoods mentioned in subject heading.

I have the following questions/issues:
1) Satomi townhomes style, layout, area square feet appeals to me, not to mention it's superb location next to Lewis Creek Park. 5563 Lakemont BLVD SE Unit 1304, Bellevue, WA - MLS 528647 (Lakemont) - Estately . Can anyone who knows better tell me more about this community complex (e.g., demographics, desirability, etc)?

2) Are there any other townhome area that is similar to Satomi style and surroundings that I should consider and know about in South Bellevue area (Lakemont, Eastside - Cougar Mountain, Newport Hills, Factoria)? So far, I noticed most of the listings in Newport Hills and Factoria are actually condos or old SFH within my budget range.

3) Another place I would also love to live is the off Bellevue downtown area, but I understand these areas generally have homes that are higher than my budget range, or much older.

4) I noticed folks frequently compared Talus vs Issaquah Highlands, and sometimes to Klahanie Ridge. I havent been to either neighborhoods yet since I still prefer to remain in Bellevue, but from what I read, probably I should picking Talus over the other 2 because the latter 2 is extremely family-oriented/many kids. But the question is is it worth picking Talus over any of the Bellevue neighborhood that I mention?

5) Any other locations I should consider and why?

Many thanks ahead for any valuable inputs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area