Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 05:44 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,906 times

Advertisements

But seriously, don't you get it? It's not about the team...it's about the city. For once, the best team is from OUR city - better than NYC, LA, Boston, Chicago, etc. The Seahawks have been terrific for civic pride, and good PR for Seattle outside of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 06:08 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
But seriously, don't you get it? It's not about the team...it's about the city. For once, the best team is from OUR city - better than NYC, LA, Boston, Chicago, etc. The Seahawks have been terrific for civic pride, and good PR for Seattle outside of the city.
Agreed. Everybody in Seattle needs to know how good they have it, whether they're football fans or not. A winning team always beats a losing team any day.

Mania or not, Seattle fans ought to be proud of what, right now, is a really good football team in a great city.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:49 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,526,564 times
I love the Seahawks mania.

Old 12-15-2014, 07:07 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,710,032 times
I have been a Seahawks fan since I was a kid. I do think it's funny that my co-workers that laughed at me for being a Seahawks fan have since jumped on the band wagon after the super bowl win!! Oh Well.

Old 12-15-2014, 07:41 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,018,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaonevar View Post
It bothers me that more people in general care about their given sports team than they do about slave labor, starving people, the homeless, etc.
Actually it gives some of us a BREAK from the above there when it gets too much.
I volunteer alot and sometimes the Seahawk's are great ice breakers .
Other than that , Heck no , I love them.. it's not THE Seahawks but the group of guys on that the team , they are one of a kind. The likes of which I don't know we will see again .

I grew up in Texas during the 60's and 70's Cowboys Heydays but this has brought a REGION of people together that would otherwise not normally know or talk to one another. It doesn't matter if you are bandwagon or not .. we will get some more fans out of this no matter what . They are SUCH characters!! I love to go to the autograph signings and meet them . In this very unhappy world it's nice to have something to smile about . Even if it's not the answer to world peace
Seahawk Fan since 1981..

Old 12-15-2014, 08:19 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,974 times
As a Packers fan and shareholder, I have no dog in this hunt -- but the Hawks-mania doesn't bother me at all. Let people enjoy it. If it unites people for a little while, I don't see the harm. Sure, when the Hawks are on their way to their third consecutive 10-loss season, a lot of these bandwagoners will have moved on to the next thing, but that's the nature of sports fandom for you.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:28 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,462,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
As a Packers fan and shareholder, I have no dog in this hunt -- but the Hawks-mania doesn't bother me at all. Let people enjoy it. If it unites people for a little while, I don't see the harm. Sure, when the Hawks are on their way to their third consecutive 10-loss season, a lot of these bandwagoners will have moved on to the next thing, but that's the nature of sports fandom for you.
As long as Carroll is there I dont see that happening! Seahawk nation has always been strong at the core like most other teams but non it's great that people are recognize the city. People are visiting the city, spending money, and learning how great of a community it is! So as a lifelong Seahawks fan and 10 year season ticket holder I invite the band wagoners!

Old 12-16-2014, 01:10 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times
I so agree with the OP. I have nothing remotely resembling any interest in sports and I am so tired of hearing about the local collection of overpaid steroid addicts who beat their wives.

And unlike so many other forms of fandom, everyone assumes you like this crap even if you aren't wearing Seahawks merchandise. I don't go up to people and randomly ask them about Dexter or Marco Polo, so why the hell do people walk up and assume I care about American football? I have better things to do with my time then get revved up about sweaty men in tight pants playing with balls, thank you very much.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:17 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I so agree with the OP. I have nothing remotely resembling any interest in sports and I am so tired of hearing about the local collection of overpaid steroid addicts who beat their wives.

And unlike so many other forms of fandom, everyone assumes you like this crap even if you aren't wearing Seahawks merchandise. I don't go up to people and randomly ask them about Dexter or Marco Polo, so why the hell do people walk up and assume I care about American football? I have better things to do with my time then get revved up about sweaty men in tight pants playing with balls, thank you very much.
someone who started this thread would keep complaining. But, the truth is nobody cares you don't care about sports. If you have no interest that's fine, but don't try to change others. It is their own decision and not your business. You are allowed to wear your Dexter t-shirt and nobody has the right to complain about that.

Last edited by Botev1912; 12-16-2014 at 01:26 AM..

Old 12-16-2014, 03:40 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,462,735 times
Jeez all the negativity of civic pride. Even if you don't like the team you should be able to see the positives. But some people just like to hate on everyone......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area