Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 07:43 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times

Advertisements

I'm funny. I'm not passive aggressive. I'm a good loyal friend. Find people like you. You really don't need so many friends to be happy, two or three real ones is just about perfect for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 08:58 AM

439 posts, read 517,207 times
Default oh no, that's so funny you say that...I do not think the British are very funny : /

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinginSeattle View Post
Think British humor (similar climate, too). I have a great sense of humor, but you have to be funny. It's a two way street.
I don't actually think the British are very funny...very dark sense of humor, sarcastic...

If you listen to them on their radio programs, I don't think they're funny. (don't tell them I said that).

Last edited by sunburned_in_seattle; 12-28-2015 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: adding disclaimer

Old 12-28-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS_151 View Post
This should be on Seattle city limits sign!!!
This!! That would be funny..

Old 12-28-2015, 09:03 AM

Default this is a good point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
I'm funny. I'm not passive aggressive. I'm a good loyal friend. Find people like you. You really don't need so many friends to be happy, two or three real ones is just about perfect for me.
This is a good point... I agree, two or three loyal friends is a good number.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:55 PM

283 posts, read 260,030 times
Yeah, Seattle probably has the most humorless people in the United States. The socially reserved, super politically correct, serious businessâ„¢ atmosphere is not an atmosphere that tends to breed comedy. A lot of the time if you crack a joke at them they'll get offended. NE and PNW humor mix like oil and water.

Just look at how many comedians are from Boston versus Seattle:

Seattle/WWA area:
Joel McHale
Chris Pratt
......?

Boston/NE area:
Bill Burr
Steve Carrel
Louis CK
Dane Cook
Mindy Kaling
John Krasinski
Denis Leary
Jay Leno
Seth McFarlane
Seth Meyers
BJ Novak
Conan O'Brien
Patrice O'neal
Amy Poehler
Joe Rogan
Adam Sandler
Sarah Silverman
Steven Wright

etc, etc...

Old 12-28-2015, 07:24 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachF View Post

Just look at how many comedians are from Boston versus Seattle:
Why do you keep bringing up Boston in the Seattle forum? So random, it's like LaBron James' obsession with Cleveland in Trainwreck. By all means, go enjoy Boston.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:08 PM

588 posts, read 1,015,125 times
Christ, another one of these threads. Apologies to the OP, this is not directed at you... But why the constant butt hurt over people one doesn't even know? I don't think I'll ever understand. If you don't hit it off with someone, how does that become Seattle's fault? Some would have you believe that no one in Seattle is happy, it's just a constant effort to shun others and "freeze" them out. It's so laughable. Plenty of people are very happy here, transplants and natives alike. Why else would the population be growing? I'm really sorry that anyone had a bad experience anywhere, anytime. But let's be realistic about the reasons for that. It's not some Seattle boogeyman. Stop buying these phony internet-only phenomena and just live your life. You'll be ok. Not everyone is going to like you. Is this a millennial thing? I've really never known anyone in real life to be so injured by what a stranger thinks or does. Get a grip and move on, people! Or just keep sulking, I guess it's up to you.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:10 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swerver View Post
Christ, another one of these threads. Apologies to the OP, this is not directed at you... But why the constant butt hurt over people one doesn't even know? I don't think I'll ever understand. If you don't hit it off with someone, how does that become Seattle's fault? Some would have you believe that no one in Seattle is happy, it's just a constant effort to shun others and "freeze" them out. It's so laughable. Plenty of people are very happy here, transplants and natives alike. Why else would the population be growing? I'm really sorry that anyone had a bad experience anywhere, anytime. But let's be realistic about the reasons for that. It's not some Seattle boogeyman. Stop buying these phony internet-only phenomena and just live your life. You'll be ok. Not everyone is going to like you. Is this a millennial thing? I've really never known anyone in real life to be so injured by what a stranger thinks or does. Get a grip and move on, people! Or just keep sulking, I guess it's up to you.
It's growing because it's become a job mecca, not because everyone suddenly heard the people there are happy-go-lucky. You've heard of Microsoft? Amazon? Boeing? Yes?

Old 12-28-2015, 08:22 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's growing because it's become a job mecca, not because everyone suddenly heard the people there are happy-go-lucky. You've heard of Microsoft? Amazon? Boeing? Yes?
So people are being held against their will here? Are all these complainers working for Microsoft, Amazon and Boeing? Highly doubtful, since those environments bring their own social networks and if you're not part of that, you have bigger issues.

You have posters coming here that left Seattle years ago and still can't "quit" Seattle. If Seattle is not for you, that is great, please move to a place you like and free up the highways. Washington does not need to be #5 in the nation, that's crazy for a state that likes to stay under the radar. We are getting way more attention than we need when there's plenty of other states these posters can move to.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:47 PM

305 posts, read 450,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So people are being held against their will here? Are all these complainers working for Microsoft, Amazon and Boeing? Highly doubtful, since those environments bring their own social networks and if you're not part of that, you have bigger issues.

You have posters coming here that left Seattle years ago and still can't "quit" Seattle. If Seattle is not for you, that is great, please move to a place you like and free up the highways. Washington does not need to be #5 in the nation, that's crazy for a state that likes to stay under the radar. We are getting way more attention than we need when there's plenty of other states these posters can move to.
Seacove, you act like "coming here" to post is such an emotional investment. Do you still not get how the internet works? I type two words into a Google search bar, and BAM, I'm here. Sure I hit up Facebook, Twitter, ESPN and 10 other sites before I come here, but it's not my fault I find this site moderately entertaining, as I'm sure a number of other posters do.

About that whole just packing it up and moving to another place... Do you know how hard that is? Have you seen where Seattle is on a map? Not exactly the type of place you can hop in a car and scope out some other cities over the weekend. You burn 2 days of travel alone trying to get to any place not named Portland or Spokane. So unless you have thousands of dollars to spend in plane fares and unlimited days off from work for relocation planning (try explaining that to your employer), it's next to impossible to just "get up and go" as you so often advise.

How do I know all this? Because I did it. And I'm much happier now NOT being in Seattle. And I think it's moderately entertaining reading about life there after I left. But hey, what is the point of the internet if not for mindless entertainment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area