Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 09:36 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,303,529 times

Advertisements

Just No.

Move to Vancouver if you think is such better city (lived there for 3 years, never ever again)...and report back in couple of years...many Vancouver residents would sell their first born to get a US Green Card and live in Seattle....

Seattle economy is truly world class and incredibly dynamic...in comparison Vancouver is a provincial outpost...

Not to mention the pathetic art and entertainment scene....actually from a natural standpoint is not even prettier than Seattle, just about the same.....architecture is dull and very generic, bad road system, job market for professionals is a joke...socially boring.

Quote:
It's top 5 in quality of living

Still believe in these nonsense surveys and statistics??

Quote:
Please note that I didn't say Seattle has nothing at all to offer. It just doesn't have anything to offer that justifies its exorbitant COL.

.....Vancouver is much worse when it comes to justifying its La-La land RE prices.

Quote:
Vancouver has more to offer than Seattle and is less expensive.

...ahahahahahaha, you must have a good sense of humor....

Quote:
I agree that Vancouver is definitely a prettier city, cleaner, more energetic, has unbelievably good-looking people, and a more exciting feel than Seattle.

....and probably very cheap and bad weed that gives you hallucinations....put down that joint....

Seattlelites should thank whatever God they believe in and feel blessed their city is not Vancouver...totally agree with the OP thread title.....don't complain too much, we could be much worse, we could be Vancouver...

The main reason many Canadians love Vancouver is because is the only major city in the country where they do not have to shovel snow in the winter...they have nowhere else to go.

Last edited by saturno_v; 03-16-2016 at 10:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 09:43 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
Vancouver has came in again ranking top 5 in quality of live in the world (highest in North America) but they also rank 3rd in least affordable cities in the world. Currently Vancouver housing cost 10 times more then the average income. Many Chinese investors and millionaires are buying up condo's that sit empty majority of the year. Though I here praises from the transplants within Vancouver, the middle class (or former middle class) has a less optimistic look about the future of their city. On the same quality of live list, Seattle ranked 46th which isn't bad and 5th for any american city. I like Vancouver, this its a great place but being from the PNW I have never felt that either city was really overall better then another. Vancouver is definitely better planned and cleaner while Seattle has a much stronger economy and overall less cookie cutter vibe. But the housing prices is Vancouver are beyond ridiculous. Seattle definitely needs to break this trend of off loading properties to foreign investments for above market value only to sit vacant.

I think CA has some immigration rules that make buying property an attractive prospect for the Chinese. And of course Vancouver is the first port of call...

Seattle should not have too much of an issue.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:47 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I don't think in my lifetime age 46 now I will ever see homes or condos in Vancouver BC go down in price.

I was taught by my Dad that real estate is your first and most credible investment. And basically it is going up in most parts, if not all parts of the U.S. You will not see Vancouver, B.C.'s real estate prices go down again. Not gonna happen. Same with Seattle.

Heck, real estate is even expensive here in this historic small cow town in SW Kansas. And rental homes are expensive and not really available. Dodge City has two large beef slaughterhouses and those people working for them need homes and snap them right up. We got fortunate and called at just the right time to get our 3BD, 1BA rental house with a 1,035 sq.ft. detached 3-car garage for $750/mo. Decent deal on a great house fixed up and maintained by a lifelong tinkerer and mechanic.

Anyone know off the top of your head anywhere in the U.S. where real estate prices are actually going down?
Are you serious? The dogs on the street can bark the names of a dozen US cities in real decline...

Old 03-17-2016, 09:45 PM

269 posts, read 297,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I think CA has some immigration rules that make buying property an attractive prospect for the Chinese. And of course Vancouver is the first port of call...

OF course... the fools in Vancouver caused their own fate, so they in large part deserve what has happened to them.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:48 PM

269 posts, read 297,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck688 View Post
As a born and bred Vancouverite I can tell you anything on the west side near UBC is around 3 million. Crazy times. Used to be middle class. Mainland Chinese have driven up prices and made some streets feel deserted.

Ahh, classic, a "born and bred Vancouverite" who thinks "Mainland Chinese" have driven up prices in the Vancouver area.

Where have you been for the past 25 years???

Pay attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area