Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 10:51 PM

812 posts, read 1,063,012 times

Advertisements

Seattle area doesn't get all the much rain, as measured in inches.

The catch is it will be dark and grey and threatening rain, maybe even a bit of mist tossed in, for a week, and maybe only actually get .08" of rain that entire week.
Rinse and repeat cycle.

THAT will be a shock, along with the short winter days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 11:15 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,201,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Moss issues.
The liberals are not crazy there versus other places. What is crazy are the gun-nutzo's and not-even-in-their-own-self-interests-trumpf(ukker)-fascist supporters
Lol @ saying the libs in Seattle aren't nuts and just proving yourself wrong in the same sentence.

Trump2016

Old 07-27-2016, 12:15 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,644,023 times
My family and I relocated here in January (because of my job) and now all of us love it here. My husband wasn't convinced at first and pouted like a two-year old during the first couple of months, but eventually he came around (as I knew he would).

I enjoyed living in Glendale, CA but I was getting sick of the hot temperatures and the majority of the people there.

I've met some nice people since I've been here and am starting to make friends. A couple of them are born and bred Washingtonians (I don't know if that is correct). Now, the Seattle freeze does exist to some extent, but that is SOME people. Washington folks aren't monolithic any more than anywhere else. There does seem to be a number of self-involved people here and you sometimes get the feeling that if you fell down with a heart attack or were actually being attacked, some people would just glance up from their phones to see what was going on and then quickly look back down.

I enjoy the weather and everything being so green. I even like the rainy days. It isn't paradise but there are still places to live that are safe, peaceful and clean. There is always something to do. I commute to downtown Seattle during the work week and drive around on weekends. The buses on the route I take are clean and the ride is scenic and enjoyable.

I have family in Kirkland, Shoreline and Edmonds. We can't afford to buy anything yet but I can see myself retiring here (well not for another 30 years, but still). This was a great move for us.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:03 PM

1,348 posts, read 708,307 times
rain traffic and gloomy grey days 90 percent of the year

Old 08-08-2016, 05:53 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Lol @ saying the libs in Seattle aren't nuts and just proving yourself wrong in the same sentence.

Trump/Putin2016

Fixed it for you.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:18 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,154,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Fixed it for you.
Fixed it for you, too.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:44 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times

Old 08-08-2016, 07:53 PM

30,396 posts, read 19,191,759 times
San Diego is my favorite US city so I would say don't leave if you don't have to. Having said that, Seattle has a stronger economy and is also cheaper overall than San Diego so chances are you will be in a better economic situation in Seattle versus San Diego. For some people, the gray winters drive crazy and I've known Californians that have left after the first winter. Some actually like it and the summers in Seattle area are fantastic and gorgeous. Good luck!

Old 08-09-2016, 01:58 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,201,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Fixed it for you.
Lol amen to that, how these two yo-yo's got to the Presidential Race is a troubling look into the future of our country.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:04 PM

429 posts, read 480,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
San Diego is my favorite US city so I would say don't leave if you don't have to. Having said that, Seattle has a stronger economy and is also cheaper overall than San Diego so chances are you will be in a better economic situation in Seattle versus San Diego. For some people, the gray winters drive crazy and I've known Californians that have left after the first winter. Some actually like it and the summers in Seattle area are fantastic and gorgeous. Good luck!
Most summers are fantastic and gorgeous - this one has been kind of a disappointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area