Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 12:47 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,018,771 times

Advertisements

Thank you all who helped me and encouraged me to try to hang in but that was my apt that burned in Tacoma this afternoon , I had less than 5 minutes to get out with my kid , cats , husband , meds and the laptop . Everything else is totally gone and I am in a motel furnished by the red cross . The apt only has 1 bds ready and asked if I wanted to do that . No .
They did tell me my lease was now terminated and I was free to go . Not sure what to do I am still in shock . Bad shock .
You know I would have dropped off the rent check last night too .

My room is the lower middle one marked P . The fire started in the apt above me . It is still on fire as I type this so not sure how they put it out in an hour and I am also not sure if TWENTY FIRE ENGINES counts as a 2 alarm fire . I am most upset over my childrens baby pictures , moms ashes and my beloved signed Seahawks pics and memorabilia. The structure is very dangerous and they anticipate it collapsing before they can raze it . The Fire Chief came in the complex office to tell us this .

However I am alive .

12 units damaged in Tacoma apartment fire | KOMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 06:27 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,501,432 times
Dutchess - it's you and any other human that's important, not your Mom's pictures. In the stream of things. If it were me I'd be praying thanks to Jehovah you're alive. Glad you're alive!

Now for rebuilding, huh? Ahh...life. It can be incredible at times, huh? Sending love and prayers your way, DutchessCottonPuff. Was it from...fireworks? From someone else, of course, but...just asking.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:12 AM

8,172 posts, read 8,307,797 times
So sorry, Dutchess. I'm glad you are okay.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Dutchess - it's you and any other human that's important, not your Mom's pictures. In the stream of things. If it were me I'd be praying thanks to Jehovah you're alive. Glad you're alive!

Now for rebuilding, huh? Ahh...life. It can be incredible at times, huh? Sending love and prayers your way, DutchessCottonPuff. Was it from...fireworks? From someone else, of course, but...just asking.
Yes it was but they don't know who . A firework of some kind was lit by someone and it landed into the couples balcony above me who weren't home's woodpile . These people weren't home so They are also the people that lost the dog . Not so much her picture I am just feeling TERRIBLE about leaving moms ashes behind . I dont even want to think of the few things I lost that meant so much I am hoping that they actually will let us get in once more to salvage some things that maybe made it .

Old 07-05-2017, 07:32 AM

Yes it was but they don't know who . A firework of some kind was lit by someone and it landed into the couples balcony above me who weren't home's woodpile . These people weren't home so They are also the people that lost the dog . Not so much her picture I am just feeling TERRIBLE about leaving moms ashes behind . I dont even want to think of the few things I lost that meant so much I am hoping that they actually will let us get in once more to salvage some things that maybe made it .

Yes, and it's none of my business what you've lost and what you miss from this tragic event, Dutchess. I'm just glad you're...OK. Safe.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:42 AM

8,172 posts, read 8,307,797 times
Duchess, you may want to start (or have someone who knows you well start) a Go Fund Me page. I, for one, would be happy to donate to help you. Here is the link: https://www.gofundme.com/?pc=thrive_...FUWRfgodAuIHjg

Old 07-05-2017, 08:11 AM

Good thinking, homes!

Old 07-05-2017, 08:40 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,042,605 times
Yes, I think the gofundme or a youcaring page would be good... please post the URLif you do.

I am so so very sorry this has happened.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:40 AM

I may have to do that as I will be trying to find an apt with just zero paperwork . F just started is old job back last week . Thank you all for being happy I am still here because I have to say I am wavering a bit .

Old 07-05-2017, 09:14 AM

Is his job near you, Dutchess? He's got the airline mechanic job back? Cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area