Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:59 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times

Advertisements

Muahahaha.. Sorry, BlondBaerde and HomesInSeattle, but you are both wrong.. Neither of the restaurants you mentioned are the place I am referring to. Yes, my beloved Indian dinner buffet place is still my own precious secret

It may not be everyone's cup of tea either. Everyone I have brought there has loved it, but some complain about how strong the spices are. Basically, the food is "Authentic" and spiced appropriately to the way Indians eat their food in their own country. I actually have met the chef (a Bengali guy) and know the owner of the restaurant and have been going there for over 5 years (since I moved to the Puget Sound). After eating at this Indian restaurant I have a hard time eating at any other Indian restaurant now, because they taste so bland and inferior. The Indian restaurants in Seattle as a whole are way too Americanized.

Of course, if either of you want to know my secret Indian dinner buffet location I can possibly divulge the information to you in a PM as well Although, I am sure with some googling you will discover it. Maybe, one of you fellow Seattle City Data people can join me for dinner there one of these days.

As far as the places you mention, I am not really a fan of Mayuri. I use to drive by Kanishka in Redmond, but I don't recall if I ever tried that location. I was not aware they had a dinner buffet. There is only a few places in the Puget Sound that offer Indian dinner buffets.

HomesInSeattle, thanks for letting me know about Madras Dosa corner. I have never eaten there, but will definitely give it a try next time I am in Issaquah. There is another very reputable South Indian restaurant in Kirkland that I also have been meaning to try. You may also want to give Dakshin a try next time you are in Kirkland. I believe it is also Tamil/Malayalee/Hyderabadi type of cuisine. The place has raving reviews and is suppose to be inexpensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 11:07 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
Rotse, you are a man of many facets.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Rotse, you are a man of many facets.
Thanks HomesInSeattle. I wanted to rep you for that last post , but I guess I have already used up my reps for you Despite having a distinct culture and lifestyle, I think of myself as a man of every culture and lifestyle. Well, almost every culture and lifestyle. I morph, mix and match.

Old 08-05-2017, 11:19 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,150,000 times
Rots, keep yer secrets: a man has to keep a few cards close to the vest!

Dashkin in Kirkland is South Indian, and he will make it spicy or not as you wish (I've been to Tamil Nadu state in India, on business: most of the food is spicy!). I've asked Dashkin to assemble dinner for two maybe ten times in four years, they are batting 1.000. I live like a mile up the street. Try them, it's different!

Old 08-05-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Rots, keep yer secrets: a man has to keep a few cards close to the vest!

Dashkin in Kirkland is South Indian, and he will make it spicy or not as you wish (I've been to Tamil Nadu state in India, on business: most of the food is spicy!). I've asked Dashkin to assemble dinner for two maybe ten times in four years, they are batting 1.000. I live like a mile up the street. Try them, it's different!
Thanks for the review for Dakshin.. Sounds very inspiring.. I generally prefer the Northern Indian cuisine, but definitely like some of the South Indian food I have tried and really do love dosa. I cook with Ghost peppers in many of my dishes, so the spice doesn't bother me. Except, some of those red chilis they use in South Indian give me stomach upset and are not all that spicy to my palate, so I do go easy on some of those South Indian dishes. Next time I am in Kirkland I will definitely give Dakshin a try.

For some reason, every time I was in Kirkland if I was in the mood for Indian food I would just drive over to Bellevue and go to my secret Indian dinner buffet instead It is true, I am probably best taking the secret to the grave with me. My secret dinner buffet place already raised their price $2 for the dinner buffet and I don't want the buffet getting any more expensive.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:59 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
Rots, you use "the" ghost peppers from Nagaland far northeast India? That's hardcore, I backpacked there and those things are off the hook.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 588 times
@RotseCherut, I think I know which place you are talking about (!) as there aren't many on the eastside which have a dinner buffet. If that is the one, then I think you are right. it is a good one. But personally I prefer Kanishka over it.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:51 PM

1,487 posts, read 782,600 times
Default Bellevue Blues

I live in Bellevue, and I'm very unhappy. I can't stay in a place that has no energy, no character.
Yes, the Indian residents have turned Bellevue into their city. Yes, they do not embrace anyone not Indian. They do not want to associate with people outside of their culture.
The only way to be happy in Bellevue is to be Muslim, or to be of Indian descent and work at Microsoft. So Muslim, or Microsoft geek.
I harbor no ill will. I'm calling it like I see it. I'm the fifth wheel, the odd man out, and that's just how it is.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:20 PM

236 posts, read 289,602 times
Did you move to Bellevue expecting energy and character? I live in Bellevue and people are here for safety, schools, parks, and a good commute. Personally, I like the people here- my neighbors are nice and fun. No matter what race of people I talk to in Bellevue, No one ever says " I moved here for the energy and character" . The closest to that is a few people who have told me, I love the shopping here".

If you want energy and character maybe move to Seattle or New York City. Your neighborhood doesn't sound like a good fit for you. You should go some place That doesn't make you unhappy. Have you looked at other cities?

Old 09-01-2017, 04:48 PM

1,487 posts, read 782,600 times
Default Reply to bellevue post

Thank you so much. Really, I'm serious. You validated my post, and confirmed any doubt I had that it was me. It's not me, it's the lackluster Eastside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area