Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2019, 07:04 PM

301 posts, read 312,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveblueskies View Post
I’ve questioned many people and found that the people who like it here simply don’t know any better. They are either from here or places with worse weather. They have no idea how much happier and more normal they could be living elsewhere!!! If you are a happy, normal person who doesn’t want to get depressed and weird, please stay away and don’t get trapped here like I did (for now). Living in the dark, gray, clouds, cold drizzle really is as bad as you fear.
What I really question is someone’s motivation to register on this forum being to dig out some obscure old topic in Seattle thread and post a lengthy dating complaint. What’s up with people doing these odd first posts, where are you coming from and how do you land on these threads? Is it what internship in Russian troll factory looks like - you need to post a dating complaint in Seattle forum and if your message generates enough engagement, you are hired and can move on to important things like Facebook?

And while we are on this topic, my second favorite is account that posts same message saying “nothing” in “what do you like about Seattle” thread every 1 year with +-1 month randomization. All their other messages on the forum are strangely bot like too.

Ok I am done with the rant, now where did I leave my tin foil hat again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 07:40 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,945,273 times
I am already dreading the dark days ahead and constant dampness. Its a very valid letdown that affects people.

Old 09-11-2019, 07:48 AM

1,495 posts, read 1,672,180 times
It's funny when someone with the same grammatical style as a previous poster makes a random post in a thread and says the same things, but expects no one to notice. This is why I tend to ignore these whining threads.

Old 09-11-2019, 07:55 AM

3,693 posts, read 2,412,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
We thoroughly enjoy Seattle and the Washington State. There. See how that tastes.

1) The markets are superior with friendly people
2) The weather is varied, temperate and the air is cleaner than most cities if not all.
3) The Ferry System is unique and beautiful.
4) Some of the best fish in the world (except Alaska)
5) Drivers compared to other cities I've lived in are courteous. Don't think so? Try San Diego.
6) Wages are high.
7) Boite restaurants are numerous and truly unique
8) Paine Field just opened. Try smiling TSA people.
9) Health care is good to superior.
10) Schools are excellent to exceptional.
11) NHL!
12) Book stores are authentic
13) Art Scene is trendy (could be better)
14) Did I mention the restaurants?
15) Proximity to wild is good to excellent.
16) It snows!

Any questions? See List.
There isn't snow nor NHL in Seattle. When did you visit?

The ferry system is uniquely - bad.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:10 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,945,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
It's funny when someone with the same grammatical style as a previous poster makes a random post in a thread and says the same things, but expects no one to notice. This is why I tend to ignore these whining threads.
I predict you will be back again and again and saying I am going to ignore these threads. And complain about us whiners AGAIN.

The idiotic thing is its a whining thread for us to let off steam. Is the thread title that hard to understand ????? Or do I need to drag you back to grade school??

Last edited by 87112; 09-11-2019 at 08:19 AM..

Old 09-11-2019, 08:51 AM

301 posts, read 312,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
The idiotic thing is its a whining thread for us to let off steam. Is the thread title that hard to understand ????? Or do I need to drag you back to grade school??
Please, that’s not the point, re read the message and notice that it’s user’s first post on the forum ever. The usual first post is normally something like “I am moving to Ticondenooga, Nebrahoma. Which neighborhoods have good schools?”. Not a lengthy dating complaint in an old abandoned thread.

*puts on thick frame glasses*

Back in the day, people used to put hard work and pride into troll posts. What is wrong with young people today?

Old 09-11-2019, 09:48 AM

1,495 posts, read 1,672,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
I predict you will be back again and again and saying I am going to ignore these threads. And complain about us whiners AGAIN.
I ignored this one for more than a year, I only looked at it because someone posted on it again after it was dead for a while and it caught my eye when I was bored. I now see that it would have been ripe for Complain About Seattle Dating Bingo, so I guess I missed my chance there. I'm not really complaining about the whining this time, more that people can't seem to let it go even after they have had their say. You seem personally offended and I wasn't even talking about you.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:53 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times
And yet, a great many of us wake up each day and really love it here. Are we wrong? No. Are you wrong? No. Find somewhere that makes you happy, we all deserve that.

Old 09-11-2019, 01:08 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,881,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene_b View Post
Please, that’s not the point, re read the message and notice that it’s user’s first post on the forum ever. The usual first post is normally something like “I am moving to Ticondenooga, Nebrahoma. Which neighborhoods have good schools?”. Not a lengthy dating complaint in an old abandoned thread.

*puts on thick frame glasses*

Back in the day, people used to put hard work and pride into troll posts. What is wrong with young people today?
DON'T GET ME STARTED!
You every date someone from Ticondenooga? Between the halitosis, body hair, and athletes foot EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM possess I'll never go back.

I invited one Tocondenoogan for drinks and some Netflix. She guzzled all my Listerine, insist we watch Tele-Tubbies then started dragging her butt across the carpet, back and forth, back and forth. I told her it's best we end the night she took out her retainer and tried to stuff it in my mouth! Don't know what that was about but not my kind of intimacy.

Freakshow people, man.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:28 PM

194 posts, read 194,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
There isn't snow nor NHL in Seattle. When did you visit?

The ferry system is uniquely - bad.

It does snow in Seattle, where were you? More and more frequently it feels like.

This February Seattle and its suburbs was walloped with a series of snowstorms. Buried my neighborhood with 12 inches easily. Shut down businesses and schools for days; some grocery stores ran out of food due to weather fear mongering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area