Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 11:20 PM

464 posts, read 287,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
LuvsCruisin. Couldn't have said it better. I'm born and raised Miami boy in Seattle 28 years now.

"28 years, 28 years," everyone has been here 28 years!

Myself included.

And I have loved this place since I came up here from hot, smoggy, grid-locked, treeless, etc So. Cal.

I have lived in the International District, Belltown, Greenwood, West Seattle, So. King County, Issaquah and will be retiring to Hood Canal.

That documentary, "Seattle Is Dying," I notice they show the same region around I-5 and Dearborn ave, that place has been trashed since my time.

I am hearing a lot about the increased homeless problem downtown, but looking around Google Earth, it actually looks better than when I got here...

In a week or two, (while our wonderful clouds hold up) I'm going to go back and visit downtown after being away for 12 years, I want to retrace my original footsteps here, I'll see if I can get a camera and set a thread and post some pics!

Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 04:25 PM

15,848 posts, read 6,547,612 times
OP: thanks for spreading the word. Old Washington license plate holder said, "Welcome to Seattle, now go home". Those who like it here are most welcome to stay. Those who don't, make sure the door doesn't hit you on the way out.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
God willing...asap. The only redeeming quality of Seattle is the views. The dating scene for single men is pure hell.

At least in hell you can meet interesting people like Dante did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
OP: thanks for spreading the word. Old Washington license plate holder said, "Welcome to Seattle, now go home". Those who like it here are most welcome to stay. Those who don't, make sure the door doesn't hit you on the way out.

This is why Seattle is perennially mediocre. Remember how many times they voted down mass transit subway systems and what would be Seattle's central park?

Seattle is the kind of place where everyone has placards telling you about kindness, love, progress, tolerance, et al. and then when you cross the street which you're legally in the right to do, they *speed up* to try and get you to stop asserting your legal right to cross the road while you're getting yelled at because you didn't put other people before yourself and your legal rights.

I don't even like guns, but they passed a gun law that violates HIPPA while they talk about "rights." It's kind of a provincial, small-minded, gross place. It could be nice, but as you can see, the crappier elements thrive. The city is a matriarchy and operates like one: lots of passing the buck endlessly through a maze of infinite meetings.

The city is surprisingly uncivilized, gross, and intolerant outside of the specific boxes you always hear about that are our current source of virtue points, which of course change with the wind. BUT, if you're looking to freebleed, it's pretty solid, if not a low-rent Toronto for the "my period blood is art" crowd.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:38 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,307,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahitsworsethanthat View Post
At least in hell you can meet interesting people like Dante did.

This is why Seattle is perennially mediocre. Remember how many times they voted down mass transit subway systems and what would be Seattle's central park?

Seattle is the kind of place where everyone has placards telling you about kindness, love, progress, tolerance, et al. and then when you cross the street which you're legally in the right to do, they *speed up* to try and get you to stop asserting your legal right to cross the road while you're getting yelled at because you didn't put other people before yourself and your legal rights.

I don't even like guns, but they passed a gun law that violates HIPPA while they talk about "rights." It's kind of a provincial, small-minded, gross place. It could be nice, but as you can see, the crappier elements thrive. The city is a matriarchy and operates like one: lots of passing the buck endlessly through a maze of infinite meetings.

The city is surprisingly uncivilized, gross, and intolerant outside of the specific boxes you always hear about that are our current source of virtue points, which of course change with the wind. BUT, if you're looking to freebleed, it's pretty solid, if not a low-rent Toronto for the "my period blood is art" crowd.
Wow, between the "matriarchy" and "blood art" words, your comment is pretty misogynistic. Couldn't you have said what you wanted to say in a different way?

Last edited by homesinseattle; 06-07-2019 at 03:29 PM..

Old 06-07-2019, 04:55 PM

301 posts, read 312,952 times
I also find it hilarious that it’s user’s first post on the forum. Always makes me curious to know the story behind the posts like that.

Old 06-07-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene_b View Post
I also find it hilarious that it’s user’s first post on the forum. Always makes me curious to know the story behind the posts like that.
It must be Putin's hacking team sowing discord .

Last edited by homesinseattle; 06-07-2019 at 05:38 PM..

Old 06-07-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
My go to answer is "Putin's hacking team" .
Ah right, it’s the team that was contracted to spread the word about rain, Seattle freeze, etc. to prevent CoL from heading into NYC/SF territory. I forgot about those guys!

Old 06-07-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene_b View Post
Ah right, it’s the team that was contracted to spread the word about rain, Seattle freeze, etc. to prevent CoL from heading into NYC/SF territory. I forgot about those guys!
I'm actually fine with people complaining about these things, everybody has a right to their opinion. When you start sounding nasty toward gender, race, religion, etc, I get pretty pissed off. That's just not right.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:14 PM

Yeah, I get that, nothing wrong with complaining and I’ve definitely done my fair share on complaining front. I just find it somewhat unlikely that someone would be so motivated about it to go through registration, etc just to post a fairly long post like that. I mean it has to be one of two things - either person’s life is very heavily based around complaining or some bridge is left unattended as we speak.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:04 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,902,408 times
Quote:
Wow, between the "matriarchy" and "blood art" words, your comment is pretty misogynistic.

Polite society commonly and casually uses the term "patriarchy" as an insult. Academics, pundits, bloggers, media figures, and celebrities all sneer and snarl at "patriarchy" and "patriarchal" societies, as though it's a given that patriarchy is evil. No rational argument needed.

But use the term "matriarchy" in a negative way, and suddenly it's hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area