Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 11:08 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,193,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
For car-commuting into Seattle? Just don't.
Thats what Im looking for! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Hard not to. There are various condos near the 90 up in there, from West Lake east into Issaquah proper. Buddy of mine's ex wife camped there awhile and was perfectly happy.

I'd study traffic patterns awhile, then make a strike on something. That took me a year and a half, but my motivation was more to buy into property so perhaps not as relevant to current...I was looking for "least horrible" option at my budget back then.
I think thats what Im going to do. Issaquah has many parts. Old and new. Both nice!! I like 90 because it always seems to be moving steadily. And it's free! Most any store that you need is here but the woods and mountains are here as well. Im still waiting to see where in Seattle my client's address will be. That mite dictate my home preference.
So far so good. Sorry to let the cat out of the bag to other readers, but this place is awesome/gorgeous!!!
They have the same inconsiderate drivers here that are on the east coast. The only difference is if you confront a rude driver here, they are really nice people!!! Confront them on the east coast and you better be ready to fight, and hope to God they don't have a knife or gun.

Last week I had friends and family tell me about a rogue snow storm they had and really screwed things up for a few days. it was 55 and sunny here on that same day.

I'm still a newbie here, but lovin life more and more.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:26 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
I think thats what Im going to do. Issaquah has many parts. Old and new. Both nice!! I like 90 because it always seems to be moving steadily. And it's free! Most any store that you need is here but the woods and mountains are here as well. Im still waiting to see where in Seattle my client's address will be. That mite dictate my home preference.
So far so good. Sorry to let the cat out of the bag to other readers, but this place is awesome/gorgeous!!!
They have the same inconsiderate drivers here that are on the east coast. The only difference is if you confront a rude driver here, they are really nice people!!! Confront them on the east coast and you better be ready to fight, and hope to God they don't have a knife or gun.

Last week I had friends and family tell me about a rogue snow storm they had and really screwed things up for a few days. it was 55 and sunny here on that same day.

I'm still a newbie here, but lovin life more and more.
This is great, OP! It's nice to see someone move into the area, and love it. Carry on. Keep us posted.

Old 12-15-2018, 02:28 AM

I moved into my new permanent abode today. I settled in Issaquah. Great place! A big melting pot with plenty of different cultures, stores, and access to different areas. I see and feel lots of similarities to NY, but see people being more genuine here. I've hiked more than I ever did in my younger days. On clear days this is one of the most scenic places I've been to.

Thank you for all the replies! I cant wait to get to a Seahawks game and I'm pumped for the NHL landing here in 2021. Go Seattle Freeze!!

Thanks again.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I moved into my new permanent abode today. I settled in Issaquah. Great place! A big melting pot with plenty of different cultures, stores, and access to different areas. I see and feel lots of similarities to NY, but see people being more genuine here. I've hiked more than I ever did in my younger days. On clear days this is one of the most scenic places I've been to.

Thank you for all the replies! I cant wait to get to a Seahawks game and I'm pumped for the NHL landing here in 2021. Go Seattle Freeze!!

Thanks again.
lol. The Seattle Freeze seems to pertain mainly to Seattle. People have always said, that the various suburbs are friendlier. I found that to be true, on my rare forays into the areas north of Seattle.

Old 12-15-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
lol. The Seattle Freeze seems to pertain mainly to Seattle. People have always said, that the various suburbs are friendlier. I found that to be true, on my rare forays into the areas north of Seattle.
I was referring to a proposed name for the new NHL team. A lot of big cities have the freeze affect.

Old 12-25-2018, 12:28 AM

Quick question. Alki Point is West Seattle, yes? I see some apartment rentals prices lower than I expected for that area. Granted they are older but only a few blocks from the water. Am I missing something?

Old 12-25-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Quick question. Alki Point is West Seattle, yes? I see some apartment rentals prices lower than I expected for that area. Granted they are older but only a few blocks from the water. Am I missing something?
Why, are you thinking of moving already? Rents in W Seattle tend to be lower than much of the rest of the city. We already had a conversation with you earlier in the thread, about W Seattle, and the easy commute to downtown from Alki via the people ferry.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 12-25-2018 at 08:57 AM..

Old 12-25-2018, 10:28 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
Quote:
If you can snag a good deal in Alki and it works for you location wise, do it. Some of those older places have a lot of character. Some don't, but you're still close to the beach . Good vibe down there.

Old 12-25-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why, are you thinking of moving already? Rents in W Seattle tend to be lower than much of the rest of the city. We already had a conversation with you earlier in the thread, about W Seattle, and the easy commute to downtown from Alki via the people ferry.
Wasn't planning on it. I sure wish I saw this a month ago though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area