Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 01:24 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
a molester of women, an adulterer

Regarding adultery, also guilty were FDR, JFK, LBJ, Bill Clinton and the sainted Martin Luther King Jr. But the left makes little noise over them. A bit a noise about Clinton, but not much

As for a molester of women, Clinton and King have both been accused of such.

So when leftists attack Trump for being "an adulterer and molester of women!" I doubt they really care about those issues. It's just an excuse to trash Trump.

(Yeah, I know you'll say you're not a leftist.)

I'll agree that Trump is sleazy on women. But JFK, Clinton, and MLK were also sleazy.

If marital fidelity is your criterion, then Nixon, Ford, and Reagan must be among your favorite presidents. (Carter and Obama were good on that score too, I'll grant you.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 02:07 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Regarding adultery, also guilty were FDR, JFK, LBJ, Bill Clinton and the sainted Martin Luther King Jr. But the left makes little noise over them. A bit a noise about Clinton, but not much

As for a molester of women, Clinton and King have both been accused of such.

So when leftists attack Trump for being "an adulterer and molester of women!" I doubt they really care about those issues. It's just an excuse to trash Trump.

(Yeah, I know you'll say you're not a leftist.)

I'll agree that Trump is sleazy on women. But JFK, Clinton, and MLK were also sleazy.

If marital fidelity is your criterion, then Nixon, Ford, and Reagan must be among your favorite presidents. (Carter and Obama were good on that score too, I'll grant you.)
Didn't hear much about the Bush presidents either.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:28 PM

1,495 posts, read 1,672,636 times
Quote:
It's more about the hypocrisy of the "family values" Republicans. They used it to attack Bill Clinton in the 90s and then willingly embraced a serial adulterer in all of his marriages.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:33 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_MI View Post
CNN has favored the riots, or as they say “mostly peaceful protests”. Everything has to have a PC spin now. 2020 has definitely proved how loonie liberals are.
2020 has also revealed how dangerous, insidious and violent the extreme right is, infiltrating protests to cause violence and blame it on their favorite boogeyman, "Antifa", (police investigations later found links between those in police custody and the far-right Boogaloo movement), assaulting and shooting genuinely peaceful protesters (Albuquerque) under the guise of a "militia", and otherwise causing mayhem. Many were found to be illegally carrying concealed weapons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boogaloo_movement

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-21-2020 at 03:26 PM..

Old 07-21-2020, 04:50 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,923,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg628 View Post
So other than **** talking tell me one bad thing about trump
I nearly choked on my coffee when I read that!
Then I realized how far apart, ideologically, this 'president' has pushed us -
because my reaction to the above quote is "tell me one good thing about trump"...

Old 07-21-2020, 04:56 PM

2,538 posts, read 1,910,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg628 View Post
So other than **** talking tell me one bad thing about trump

Why can’t you accept the economy was great before Covid ? and that the democrats are trying so desperately to make trump look terrible with this whole Covid thing for November

I’ll wait

Orange man bad And having a Freakish episode of TDS babbling nonsense doesn’t count as a response either

4 years later and the left still cant accept trump won , huh ?
"..a freakish episode of TDS babbling nonsense" would be typical of Trump Devotion Syndrome.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:57 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
It's more about the hypocrisy of the "family values" Republicans. They used it to attack Bill Clinton in the 90s and then willingly embraced a serial adulterer in all of his marriages.
The "family values" era is over. Since 9-11 protectionism become more important.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post

No, it's not about the "hypocrisy." You can find hypocrisy in everyone, but Democrats talk as if it's exclusive to Republicans.

* There's the hypocrisy of rich environmentalists (politicians and celebs) who fly about on private jets, drive massive SUVs, and heat multiple mansions around the globe.

* There's the hypocrisy of rich politicians and celebs who say we all need to "give more," then hide their wealth in tax havens.

* There's the hypocrisy of feminists who say that women never lie about rape or sexual harassment, that it's an unforgivable crime, and then deny, ignore, or forgive leftist men who are accused of such by women. Roman Polanski even drugged and raped an underage girl, and is still winning awards in France.

* There's the hypocrisy of leftists who say that "hate" of any kind is eternally unforgivable and must result in permanent cancellation, then they ignore or forgive leftists who engage in hate. Sarah Silverman and Howard Stern wore blackface, yet are left alone. Sarah Jeong tweeted much anti-white hate, and was rewarded with a promotion at the New York Times.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
2020 has also revealed how dangerous, insidious and violent the extreme right is, infiltrating protests ...

No evidence of rightists pretending to be leftists at protests to create violence. Why would they? The left has always done a good job of creating violence without any help.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:34 AM

1,495 posts, read 1,672,636 times
Quote:
No, it's not about the "hypocrisy." You can find hypocrisy in everyone, but Democrats talk as if it's exclusive to Republicans.
Who said that it was exclusive? It's just jarring that people went from saying "It shows low moral character and he should be kicked out" to "It's a private matter" as soon as it was someone from their political preference.

I think it is more telling that you picked up on just the adultery part and ignored all the corruption. But then you'd just list a load of whataboutisms of Democrat corruption, so I don't think it is worth getting into anyway.

Let's go into your other whataboutisms:

Quote:
* There's the hypocrisy of rich environmentalists (politicians and celebs) who fly about on private jets, drive massive SUVs, and heat multiple mansions around the globe.

* There's the hypocrisy of rich politicians and celebs who say we all need to "give more," then hide their wealth in tax havens.

* There's the hypocrisy of feminists who say that women never lie about rape or sexual harassment, that it's an unforgivable crime, and then deny, ignore, or forgive leftist men who are accused of such by women. Roman Polanski even drugged and raped an underage girl, and is still winning awards in France.
And anyone would be right in pointing out those hypocrisies. Bring it up next time they run for election.

Quote:
* There's the hypocrisy of leftists who say that "hate" of any kind is eternally unforgivable and must result in permanent cancellation, then they ignore or forgive leftists who engage in hate. Sarah Silverman and Howard Stern wore blackface, yet are left alone. Sarah Jeong tweeted much anti-white hate, and was rewarded with a promotion at the New York Times.
Did you actually see the context? Silverman's show was explaining why it was wrong even if it wasn't intended to be offensive. I'm not sure I'd describe Stern as a "leftist", he has a mixture of political opinions. I'm not sure that you understand satire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat
No evidence of rightists pretending to be leftists at protests to create violence. Why would they? The left has always done a good job of creating violence without any help.
Weeks of nightly peaceful protests, then suddenly a load of new protesters come out of nowhere, blocking cameras and breaking stuff for one night only? Right after Trump said he wanted to put troops in Seattle. Seems suspiciously convenient that they would suddenly give him an excuse. It's already been proven that there are fake antifa accounts by rightwing groups trying to stir things up, this is just a step further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area