Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 08:48 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Even most Seattle folks think I'm pretty "out there". There's actually a homeroasting co-op which is where I usually get my beans from, but also sweet maria's and a company called 2 cups of joe.
I forgot to add that lately I've been ordering from Caracolillo Coffee Mill

When I order from them I usually buy several bags of their House Blend 2 and several bags of their Zambia Terranova Estate.

CCM coffee seems to have better prices than Sweet Maria's and I've found their quality is about the same as Sweet Maria's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 09:20 AM

1,683 posts, read 2,708,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdame View Post
How about tea, much healthier for you and less calories than latte to boot.
I prefer tea- I can't stand coffee! That's why I never fit in here That gooey donut you're talking about sound spretty good tho...

Old 05-01-2008, 10:48 AM

534 posts, read 3,111,620 times
same here, I'm a tea (hot/iced) person myself, although I find McDonalds regular coffee (Seattle's best) to be far superior to Starbucks bitter coffee.

Can't speak for the McLatte though, will have to try it.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:12 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,947,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
I see Starbucks is doing sweet tea now, which... now that I am down south, and have had REAL sweet tea... I think is hilarious!!!!
Really?? Starbucks is doing sweet tea?? Is it a regional thing? Also, is it good??

Old 05-03-2008, 11:03 AM

123 posts, read 346,850 times
As a transplanted Brit I am of course a tea lover ( anything hot) Yorkshire brand tea my favorite . Green teas,black teas good. Now, iced tea seetened or otherwise is disgusting it would have to be loaded w/lemon and NO sweetener. My poor daughter in law in Seatac is ready to have her baby anyday now and is a Starbucks fanatic, she has had to detox the body and come off it totally throughout her pregnancy. It will be interesting to see if that's the first thing she asks for after the delivery!

Old 05-03-2008, 11:14 AM

389 posts, read 1,986,659 times
..... i do NOT drink coffee...

Old 05-03-2008, 12:41 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
There is nothing better than waking up to a delicious cup of hot, steaming coffee. The first whiff hits your nose and your brain gets all perky and happy.

Gotta have good coffee!

Feel free to hate me now.

Yes, it's what I really prefer. My wife is the coffee snob. I'm the coffee.... slob.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:12 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
We won't hate you. We'll just make fun of you.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:45 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
I don't mind McDonalds coffee if I just need to wake up, but I do like a powerful dark roast best. Some like it lighter. That's ok, their opinions are just different from mine, and not quite as valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdame View Post
As a transplanted Brit I am of course a tea lover ( anything hot) Yorkshire brand tea my favorite . Green teas,black teas good. Now, iced tea seetened or otherwise is disgusting it would have to be loaded w/lemon and NO sweetener.
I get that reaction a lot from Brits when discussing tea ..... I think those who don't like iced tea have never drunk it on a really hot day. It's certainly a different beverage from hot tea with milk in it ..... it really does need at least a little sweetening, or else people from the South will accuse you of being a Yankee (in the US that means someone from the northeast part of the country).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
There is nothing better than waking up to a delicious cup of hot, steaming coffee. The first whiff hits your nose and your brain gets all perky and happy.

Gotta have good coffee!

Feel free to hate me now.

Yes, it's what I really prefer. My wife is the coffee snob. I'm the coffee.... slob.
Y'know, on more than one occasion when I've been travelling in the van, instant coffee literally saved my life when there was no way to buy any real coffee, and it was raining so hard I didn't want to bother with using the propane stove outdoors to make it. I always need two cups of coffee just to set up the damn thing anyways.

The point is that when the situation is desperate, you can dissolve instant coffee into cold water and get your caffeine fix.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:02 PM

59 posts, read 224,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
I see Starbucks is doing sweet tea now, which... now that I am down south, and have had REAL sweet tea... I think is hilarious!!!!

For anyone that hasn't live in the South, when they say "REAL sweet tea" that doesn't mean "authentic" sweet tea. It's actually a comment on how much sugar is used, as in "That tea is real sweet". I'm pretty certain the typical iced tea in the South is about 50% sugar, 50% tea, and 50% of the people will think it still needs more sugar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area