Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2021, 03:35 AM

Location: Whatcom County, WA/Cherokee County, NC/Pike County, KY
447 posts, read 332,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Deaths and hospitalizations are only the first round of concern. Consider whether you want to risk THIS in your future:

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/a...-after-illness

Excerpts:

About a third of patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) reported persistent symptoms in a survey completed an average of 6 months after the onset of their illness, a small study from the University of Washington found.

Most of those surveyed—150 (84.7%)—were outpatients who reported mild symptoms, 11 (6.2%) were asymptomatic and 16 (9%) were hospitalized with moderate or severe illness.

People age 65 and older were most likely to report persistent symptoms (43.3% of 30 patients), followed by those aged 40 to 64 (30.1% of the 83), and patients aged 18 to 39 (26.6% of the 64).

Among those outpatients who originally reported mild symptoms, 49 (32.7%) reported at least 1 persistent symptom during the follow-up survey, compared with 5 (31.3%) of those hospitalized and 1 (4.8%) in the healthy control group. Among patients with hypertension or diabetes, 11 (35.5%) reported persistent symptoms.

The most common persistent symptoms reported in the follow-up survey were fatigue and loss of taste or smell, both of which were reported among 24 patients (13.6%). Other symptoms included brain fog (2.3%). Health-related quality of life (HRQoL) was worse for 51 (30.7%) outpatients and hospitalized patients, and 14 patients (7.9%) reported negative impacts on at least 1 activity of daily living such as household chores.

The study is consistent with previous research, including a study by investigators at the University of Geneva that found that 33% of patients who were diagnosed with SARS-CoV-2 infection but did not require hospitalization still reported lingering symptoms 6 weeks after their diagnosis.

So, are you up for 6 months of having to lie down for a while after vacuuming your carpet? What if you have kids or a dog... have a 2 hour sleep after playing catch with them?

Get vaccinated and keep wearing your mask until the country has achieved at least 80% vaccination and the odds of getting COVID are much lower. And if we don't get to 80% and numbers don't drop, refuse to do inside business at places that don't require proof of vaccination to enter. Stop wishing the virus away. Fight COVID.
90% is the latest goal I heard, not 80%. Even though a third of the country doesn't want a vaccine. I don't want one for religious reasons, among many more reasons. So what should happen to me, should I be thrown in a covid concentration camp?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2021, 10:23 AM

15,822 posts, read 6,530,298 times
The high vaccination numbers would be for people returning to normal behaviors. The basic reproduction number can also be kept low by masking, social distancing, and contact tracing. But of course many of the same people refusing vaccines are also ignoring quarantine measures. It's ironic that their behaviors are defeating the very goal they have of returning to normalcy. Back in 1918 they were called 'mask slackers'. Human nature never changes.

Old 04-18-2021, 12:21 PM

1,369 posts, read 713,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
90% is the latest goal I heard, not 80%. Even though a third of the country doesn't want a vaccine. I don't want one for religious reasons, among many more reasons. So what should happen to me, should I be thrown in a covid concentration camp?
I will not go to enclosed restaurants, theaters etc. that will serve unvaccinated people, until COVID numbers are permanently down or I am assured that my vaccination will protect me to the level that I will not have a symptomatic illness. The economy will not return until we all work together to fight Covid.

I’m willing to take vaccine boosters. I’m willing to avoid crowds to stem the flow of the virus. I’m disheartened that, since the FIRST DAY that Covid was announced, a large segment of the population politicized it and resolved to not do much to help the US in this struggle. My goal is a return to normalcy. It will not happen until we put in the effort.

Old 04-18-2021, 01:13 PM

609 posts, read 302,841 times
Quote:
I will not go to enclosed restaurants, theaters etc. that will serve unvaccinated people, until COVID numbers are permanently down or I am assured that my vaccination will protect me to the level that I will not have a symptomatic illness. The economy will not return until we all work together to fight Covid.
It appears you're mostly alone. In the past couple weeks the restaurants and bars I've been to are PACKED (despite supposedly "50% capacity"). Vaccine passports aren't happening, sorry. People are eager to get back to normal and aren't waiting for you.

Old 04-18-2021, 01:18 PM

1,369 posts, read 713,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupp-certified View Post
It appears you're mostly alone. In the past couple weeks the restaurants and bars I've been to are PACKED (despite supposedly "50% capacity"). Vaccine passports aren't happening, sorry. People are eager to get back to normal and aren't waiting for you.
I hope that the vaccinations will be enough to get us back to normal. I’ll be fine, either way.

Old 04-18-2021, 03:32 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,694 posts, read 58,012,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
This isn’t over yet, ...
this (Covid) is NOT gonna be gone (ever).

Eventually you may be at less risk of contracting or dying from it. (Unless you are a senior citizen without internet / ability to secure an appointment for vaccine)

Old 04-18-2021, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The high vaccination numbers would be for people returning to normal behaviors. The basic reproduction number can also be kept low by masking, social distancing, and contact tracing. But of course many of the same people refusing vaccines are also ignoring quarantine measures. It's ironic that their behaviors are defeating the very goal they have of returning to normalcy. Back in 1918 they were called 'mask slackers'. Human nature never changes.
Many people just don't see this as a pandemic. We lost all trust in the big medias and personally haven't seen the bodies or illness, apart from what we already see from the flu and diseases that already kill. The effects of the shutdown are the real killer. Look at Seattle before and after, just 1 year.

Old 04-18-2021, 05:34 PM

Quote:

I’m willing to take vaccine boosters. I’m willing to avoid crowds to stem the flow of the virus. I’m disheartened that, since the FIRST DAY that Covid was announced, a large segment of the population politicized it and resolved to not do much to help the US in this struggle. My goal is a return to normalcy. It will not happen until we put in the effort.
You will have to wait 6 months after your 2nd dose to see how safe you feel. I haven't seen a restaurant yet that denies unvaccinated. Business owners tend to be about business and numbers and risk, which currently don't warrant to turn away unvaccinated. You should join large crowds to build an immune system. Just avoid sick or elderly. I knew from the first day that it won't be a 2 week lockdown, more like 2 years, 20 years until people realize they been fooled scammed and used.

Old 04-18-2021, 05:35 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,664,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
this (Covid) is NOT gonna be gone (ever).

Eventually you may be at less risk of contracting or dying from it. (Unless you are a senior citizen without internet / ability to secure an appointment for vaccine)
Eventually?

Hyperbole.

Less than 750 Americans dying a day in a population of 330,222,000.

Old 04-18-2021, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I hope that the vaccinations will be enough to get us back to normal. I’ll be fine, either way.
They won't be enough. You need a microchip in your wrist and app to tell when you can step outside, also a virtual wallet in your finger in case you decide to say no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: