Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 08:39 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times

Advertisements

I don't understand where stargazzer is coming from either.

Is it your/his position that the poor and middle class are unable to experience greed?

I never mentioned jealousy as the cause of anything. I was simply countering Ira's comment that it goes both ways. It's Human nature at its worse when hate, anger and punitive behaviors have to enter the equation.

But the speak of "dis-ordered distribution of wealth" seems disturbing. Just who can decide what is "dis-ordered"? How do we know those deciders are not doing it out of sense of entitlement, anger or resentment? It smacks of oppression of financial means which doesn't do ANYBODY good, regardless of race.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:14 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
I don't understand where stargazzer is coming from either.

Is it your/his position that the poor and middle class are unable to experience greed?

I never mentioned jealousy as the cause of anything. I was simply countering Ira's comment that it goes both ways. It's Human nature at its worse when hate, anger and punitive behaviors have to enter the equation.

But the speak of "dis-ordered distribution of wealth" seems disturbing. Just who can decide what is "dis-ordered"? How do we know those decider's are not doing it out of sense of entitlement, anger or resentment? It smacks of oppression of financial means which doesn't do ANYBODY good, regardless of race.
Suggesting unrest for ease in life style relative to a persons situation is jealousy. Jealousy as your unrest is your problem, with assertion only relative to your example. Sorry if thats a bit for the attention span.

I think my comment is extraordinarily clear. Firstly, most people with an "inordinate amount of wealth and I know many, don't know what the word work means. The only conclusion I can come to is that a person who works hard and is upper-middle class will incorrectly suppose that ..."all those with a little extra" worked for it. These type of analogy's are incredible in self imposition.

If a person cannot identify the distribution of wealth to be "disordered"
then it would concede to continuing the mess which mimics third world countries.
Ever wonder why a few families in Mexico have all the money in Mexico...?
Thats disordered distribution of wealth. The fruits of which unfold collapse.

I think you guys are pulling a "oh is English your first language.....is that next ?
Nice try , but if I'm wrong will admit it. Ok, lets open a buisness , pay everybody min. Down the road if they all leave on promissed unpaid wages....and then leach off society....who cares ? I'm on easy street

That is life today, not my experience but many. Its without "order" in
reasonable subjection to "your society"..........
Society-Websters, State of living in association with other individuals

Last edited by stargazzer; 08-06-2010 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: Added dict meaning of word for clarity

Old 08-06-2010, 09:51 PM

132 posts, read 454,226 times
Racism? Never heard of it (until I moved to Indiana).

Old 08-06-2010, 10:19 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Suggesting unrest for ease in life style relative to a persons situation is jealousy. Jealousy as your unrest is your problem, with assertion only relative to your example. Sorry if thats a bit for the attention span.

I think my comment is extraordinarily clear. Firstly, most people with an "inordinate amount of wealth and I know many, don't know what the word work means. The only conclusion I can come to is that a person who works hard and is upper-middle class will incorrectly suppose that ..."all those with a little extra" worked for it. These type of analogy's are incredible in self imposition.

then it would concede to continuing the mess which mimics third world countries.

I think you guys are pulling a "oh is English your first language.....is that next ?
Nice try , but if I'm wrong will admit it. Ok, lets open a buisness , pay everybody min. Down the road if they all leave on promissed unpaid wages....and then leach off society....who cares ? I'm on easy street

I see... you obviously don't see where I'm coming from.

But there's no need for your hostility (with the whole "wake up" and the reference to attention span). Obviously we see the world through different lenses. We obviously have a political filter bias that is running interference (and will continue to run interference).

But I will point out Nelson Mandela never tried to re-distribute wealth even though that's what everyone wanted. Its punitive. Simply the world doesn't work like that and if one want to try... look no further than Mugabe and Zimbabwe. Mugabe created even more chaos as he was "re-distributing" the wealth, now the country's tanked. Racism is just as bad as classism, no matter who the players are.

Last edited by Inkpoe; 08-06-2010 at 10:47 PM..

Old 08-07-2010, 01:30 AM

Whos talking about re distributing wealth ? That is mathematically ridiculous.
Its definitely time to look at distribution of wealth through wage allocation ect ect.

I believe everybody knows or at least should that racism and classism is a drag.

Racism is a negative for everyone, including the KKK. Harboring ill-will is self destructive.

I think the comment " wake up" was issue.

....here is your comment.......

I feel it also goes the other way around as well... the poor/middle class want to penalize the rich/powerful/wealthy for having a "tax-free, problem-free" life.

Life is Life, regardless of one's personal circumstances and class status.

Stargazzer says

If my reply to this statement is read, it is important in showing that the "incentive" suggested above regarding classism held by some poor-middle class , is in opinion in-correct.

. That was the point of my post.

Last edited by stargazzer; 08-07-2010 at 02:51 AM..

Old 08-07-2010, 07:41 AM

3,757 posts, read 9,061,091 times
Quote:

If you are interested in getting your ideas across, then you need to write more clearly and concisely. I have seven years of higher education (graduated with honors UW undergrad and with an honors UW JD - there's some evidence that my reading comprehension is spectacular) and I STILL had trouble wading through both of your posts.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:44 PM

300 posts, read 1,015,042 times
well I just wanna say about that black on white racism, it depends.
Iono if u get me but some people are looking for trouble, look rael nerdy or ****, u kno like they targeting themselves? looking really weak.

if u a thugged out white boy with some bodysize noone is gonna attack u

Old 08-07-2010, 02:52 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishAmerican View Post
well I just wanna say about that black on white racism, it depends.
Iono if u get me but some people are looking for trouble, look rael nerdy or ****, u kno like they targeting themselves? looking really weak.

if u a thugged out white boy with some bodysize noone is gonna attack u

Old 08-07-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
If you are interested in getting your ideas across, then you need to write more clearly and concisely. I have seven years of higher education (graduated with honors UW undergrad and with an honors UW JD - there's some evidence that my reading comprehension is spectacular) and I STILL had trouble wading through both of your posts.
Nice try, its not my fault that logic is unusual. When replying to a quote its reasonably assumed that the quote is read by viewers (in order to follow the post)

I will definately in this thread follow your thoughts. Sometimes explanations uncovering error in thought, are difficult to follow.

Evidence being, the explanation would obviously be new perspective, otherwise it would of been applied and there would be no need for explanation.

If above is even a touch difficult to follow quickly then I cannot contribute
at this level.

A poster was suggesting a reason for an attitude. I disagreed in opinion with a reason. My disagreement was entered with the reasons why.

Thats it. No one .....with all this whinning....Oh my God , I can't understand what your saying .....has addressed the issue of both posters different opinion

Of course it could be said that, above opinions are not relative to thread.
I believe thats wrong. Wrong ,as the incorrect speculation of "reasons" for classism attitudes can slow down the process of hopeful recovery.

In all, man often subjects others with guess-work dispositions. These assertions play a role in our self understanding. If thoughts supposed on others are
false, the falsity contributes to the overall "failure rate" in knowing ourselves and others.

Last edited by stargazzer; 08-07-2010 at 04:37 PM..

Old 08-07-2010, 07:03 PM

34 posts, read 110,824 times
Quote:
No one .....with all this whinning....Oh my God , I can't understand what your saying .....has addressed the issue of both posters different opinion
I would love to address your opinion.. but I simply cannot understand what you're trying to say amidst the dictionary shuffle that's taking place here. That _must_ mean I'm not on your level.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but you have piqued my curiosity. Are you a native English speaker? If not, when and how did you learn the language?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area