Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 09:19 PM

162 posts, read 513,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
San Francisco.
San Francisco does not have any volcanoes

Old 02-18-2009, 07:28 AM

3,757 posts, read 9,060,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal2009 View Post
San Francisco does not have any volcanoes
Niether does Seattle. St Helens and Rainier are a few hours outside of Seattle. All the moutntains in the ring of fire were at one time active volcanoes. I think Shasta used to be an active volcano - how far is that from the bay area?

Old 02-18-2009, 12:16 PM

162 posts, read 513,419 times
Quote:
Most of the things people are looking for in a city or landscape will be found in Seattle and it's surrounding area. That is a fact that 95% of the other major cities cannot claim
Notice how I said "surrounding area" and not directly in Seattle.

Shasta is about 4-5 hours from San Francisco I believe

Old 02-18-2009, 01:25 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,060,121 times
Quote:
Notice how I said "surrounding area" and not directly in Seattle.

Shasta is about 4-5 hours from San Francisco I believe
I would say four hours could also be considered a surrounding area. Anyway, my point is that SF is in a lot of ways like Seattle in terms of topography, you asked and I answered the Bay Area can also claim many of the same things that Seattle can... and more. Of course, you end up paying for the more part.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:10 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
In a previous incarnation I worked for the Light Rail Department of King County, amongst other things writing and editing. One of the documents I was editing for my boss was proclaiming that King County intended to have a " world class" light rail system. I prevailed, and it got removed from the document. What an overused, meaningless phrase. The sculpture park is "world class". A supermarket chain in New Jersey ( Shop Rite) proclaims itself "world class".
I like Seattle, but who needs world classdom? Who are we trying to impress? Ourselves?

Old 02-18-2009, 06:10 PM

178 posts, read 584,670 times
I think it would be awesome if Seattle did end up with a "world class" light rail system and considering that it is one of the last major cities in the entire U.S. to start building one, it really has no reason not to. The Portland light rail is SWEET.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:06 AM

29 posts, read 59,271 times
This thread is interesting. However, Seattle would not be considered world class with all that has been noted. Nope, nope, nope.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:40 AM

181 posts, read 684,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
I wasn't even going to comment on this thread because I knew anyone with a fourth of a brain would know Seattle is a world class city and one of the finest the U.S. has to offer along with several other great cities in our great nation. not to be mean "But this post was just rediculous"!

Either you live in the same cave as Bin Leiden or your resume was rejected from Microsoft and you’re scarred for life because how is your logic Microsoft is the only thing in town going on for Seattle then state it’s not in Seattle it’s in the burbs? With all the technology at your finger tips to do research on Seattle a you come up with this? I guess the other fortune 500 companies in Seattle don’t matter?

I heard people say Seattle is only Starbucks, then Seattle is only Boeings, then Seattle is only Microsoft, I guess it’s only Amazon.com, Washington Mutual, Real Networks, Safeco insurance, on and on and on etc. etc. too. If Seattle is only MSFT than L.A. is only Hollywood and San Fran is only Apple and D.C. is only politics and New York is only fashion and Chicago is only publishing, and Atlanta is only Coca Cola.

One company doesn’t define a city on the scale of Seattle are you serious? Please people these threads are getting ridiculous.

EXACTLY. No need to go into further detail. On another note Seattle is by far the nicest city I've ever been to. What other city is more beautiful? NONE !! I would choose Seattle over any big city. Which is probably why I'm moving there next spring. Seattle offers everything. I would shoot myself before ever living in LA, NY, Atlanta, or any other "big city" YUCK !!!!!
Seattle is so clean, so beautiful, so innovative, so smart, and so promising

Old 09-25-2009, 10:58 AM

181 posts, read 684,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
as they type these messages on their windows machines....
hahahaha sooooooooooo true !!!!!!!!!!! Nice one.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:39 PM

343 posts, read 1,085,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Of course you are right, nothing of any importance has ever come from Seattle...
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
as they type these messages on their Windows machines....
and sip their Starbucks, while buying things on Amazon.com and booking a flight from Alaska Airlines to Seattle, because they want to see a Sounders game!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area