Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 07:36 PM

259 posts, read 554,255 times

Advertisements

How about substituting/para substituting? It helped me keep my mind occupied and it was when I wanted. Check out your local schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 07:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,737 times
BEEN OUT OF WORK 6 MONTHS ABOUT TO REALLY CRASH HERE. I'm an RN and finding it hard to find something full time... everyone wants part time cause they don't have to pay benifits.... God help me if I need to go to hospital myself.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,737 times
hang in there... I about want to die I am so hopeless.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:33 PM

346 posts, read 968,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinOhio View Post
hang in there... I about want to die I am so hopeless.
**** dude, just take the part time job. Individual health insurance can be pretty cheap to buy on your own.

better to make some money than no money, right?

Old 06-18-2012, 08:30 PM

6 posts, read 36,408 times
I think some people truly do not understand how to job search. You don't just sit on the computer all day sending out resumes, you have to get out there and look. And not just for jobs in your field, or that have your preferred benefits. Go to an employment agency and take anything and continue your job search. The only way a person I feel can be excused from having a job is if they truly have a lack of transportation to get them to and from a job,are disabled, or live in some miniature town. Otherwise if someone has their own car it should take no longer then 2-3weeks for that person to find something.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:27 AM

346 posts, read 968,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Fan 224 View Post
I think some people truly do not understand how to job search. You don't just sit on the computer all day sending out resumes, you have to get out there and look. And not just for jobs in your field, or that have your preferred benefits. Go to an employment agency and take anything and continue your job search. The only way a person I feel can be excused from having a job is if they truly have a lack of transportation to get them to and from a job,are disabled, or live in some miniature town. Otherwise if someone has their own car it should take no longer then 2-3weeks for that person to find something.
+1

McDonalds is ALWAYS hiring if you really can't find something else.

Hell, I'm planning a move to Seattle, and if I can't find something in Engineering, I'll do something to get by.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:21 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,134,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterFire View Post
I know I'm not alone when I say this, but the search for a job in the Seattle area has been utterly fruitless for me. I have been looking for 10 months. In the first 4 or 5 months I was able to get interviews and a couple offers, but I kept looking as I hadn't found the right fit. I have a college degree, a solid work history (until now), and a great work ethic. However, I can't even get an entry level retail job. I have to say this is really wearing on my confidence. I know many people are suffering now and I should be grateful for what I do have, but I feel myself losing hope daily over this.
Join the Comrade Houssain bin O'Bummer generation!!!!!k :

Old 06-20-2012, 03:23 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,923,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Join the Comrade Houssain bin O'Bummer generation!!!!!k :
Wow, Vinylly, you've really outdone yourself there... insulting our president by implying that he is a communst, a muslim and a failure.
Funny, I cannot imagine ever resorting to such name-calling in reference to past presidents whose policies I detested.
It's really classless, but I guess the anonymity of the internet allows anyone to spew their venom...

Is this a great country, or what?

Old 06-20-2012, 05:53 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,134,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
Wow, Vinylly, you've really outdone yourself there... insulting our president by implying that he is a communst, a muslim and a failure.
Funny, I cannot imagine ever resorting to such name-calling in reference to past presidents whose policies I detested.
It's really classless, but I guess the anonymity of the internet allows anyone to spew their venom...

Is this a great country, or what?
Seems you forgot all the names and insults you folks called President Bush.:th ink:

Old 06-20-2012, 05:59 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,435,743 times
heh pretty funny. liberals liked to compare bush to a chimp but as soon as someone compares obama to a muslim, they get offended.

in any case, it's tough finding a job in this economy. i think there are plenty of jobs out there but just not the ones that people necessarily want. if a poster here is an RN looking for full time RN work but can't, why not take a part time job? isn't that better than nothing?

a few years ago in korea, there was a massive recession and there were no jobs. i was talking to a cab driver who said that he's a college grad and there are plenty of cab drivers jobs but these other grads won't take them because it's beneath them. he said that he's got a family to feed...

the computer software industry is nice in that there are pretty much always jobs available for good people. at my company right now, we've hired 3 people in the last month. at my previous company, we hired over 10 people in the past year. it's about keeping up your skills, networking as much as you can, and doing what you can to stay active in your professional community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area