Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 11:21 AM

4,731 posts, read 9,950,199 times

Advertisements

Because the Middle East have their own witchers.

I think every culture and civilization throughout history and the world has some form of water diviner. Some just read the lay of the land and the vegetation, others can just "feel" it, and others use rods/forks.

There's pretty much a witcher for almost anything under ground we want to get. And they're generally just as successful as any high-tech survey, sometimes even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 11:23 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I dunno... I watched it done here with an eye towards scorn, but it worked. The water was there and it was predicted just how deep down and that was right too. At that point curiosity took over and I asked a few questions, and suddenly was handed over the brass rods to try myself.

That worked too, but backwards, and the diviner could not explain why the rod worked wrong in my hands, but another hole was dug and the water was found at the depth the witcher predicted again.

I could feel this in my own hands, and see the results which made a beleiver then and there. I am not saying I can do this anytime and place I want, but that other people can.

I have no idea how it works or why, it just does with some people.
Some people believe in witchcraft, some believe in science and facts.

http://www.skepdic.com/dowsing.html

Old 09-22-2010, 11:24 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
I believe in anything that works

My wife refuses to allow me to do any dishes, because every time i do it rains.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I believe in anything that works

My wife refuses to allow me to do any dishes, because every time i do it rains.
You should go do dishes where there is a drought.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingAll4Seasons View Post
Because the Middle East have their own witchers.

I think every culture and civilization throughout history and the world has some form of water diviner. Some just read the lay of the land and the vegetation, others can just "feel" it, and others use rods/forks.

There's pretty much a witcher for almost anything under ground we want to get. And they're generally just as successful as any high-tech survey, sometimes even more.
Any links????

Old 09-22-2010, 11:34 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
No drought in NH, were are just shy a little. Less than a inch I think. Bang up year for a garden here too.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:36 AM

There is some science behind the witchcraft. Running water emits an EMF field. You notice this if you turn a handheld radio to a static channel on the low end of the AM band... the crackle changes when you turn your faucet on and off. It's very similar to getting static on your TV when the microwave is running. Also, a static pocket of water can change the baseline EMF of rock formations around it. Many hydrologists and geologists believe that dowsers are picking up on the fluctuations in the EMF field, either with the metal rods (which are conductive) or because they are just naturally more sensitive to EMF fields. Doctors and scientists have already proven that certain people are more sensitive to EMF than others. So it stands to reason that someone who is sensitive (physically, not spiritually) would be able to feel the EMF fluctuations of something under ground.

None of that is proven fact, it's a theory... just like most science

Old 09-22-2010, 11:44 AM

Sorry - no links... my Sapper friends stationed in Iraq failed to get contact info for the elderly gent who dowsed their water for them

There are accounts of dowsing in so many historical texts from different cultures that I could fill the page with them. I certainly can't call up a bibiliography of everything I've ever read in my life.

I usually don't engage in citing wars with skeptics because it's futile. If you point to one thing on the internet, it gets discredited, etc etc etc ad nauseum. You either believe it's possible or you don't

Old 09-22-2010, 11:46 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,198,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
They sure do.

That is why we have to call Miss Dig BEFORE they get there. The underground utilities must be marked.

Same in our state.

Has nothing to do with the Health Dept however.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:58 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,198,668 times
When I had a new well dug on our farm, I got a witcher to mark a spot.

The drilling crew where quite sarcastic when I told them where I wanted it and that it was witched.

I told them---------why should I put my faith in you picking a spot?

The spot they picked picked 7 years earlier resulted in a well that broke the previos farmer and only provided adequate supply of water for 7 years.

The new well-------67 ft and witched-----has been going strong for 29 years and cost me a lot less $$$$$$$ than the 330 ft granite well on a site they selected.

Plus, we have twice as many cattle now.

Yup, a water witcher sure made a difference in the profit they made on the previos owner and the profit they made on me.

Certainly can understand why well drillers don't like water witchers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness