Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 06:26 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,701,662 times

Advertisements

Seriously watch this movie if you want to watch what a real SHTF scenario would be like and see how you would do. It is also fun, but, watch and learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 08:57 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,824,585 times
Attacked by giant evil robots? Fleeing for your life with a incredibly hot skimpy-dressed babe on one arm and good robot bodyguards helping you out; one that turns into a awesome Mercedes supercar that never needs gas or insurance and other that is responsible for the juvenile trucker fantasies of a whole generation of 80's brats?

Yea, I could handle that "SHTF scenario"....

Old 10-03-2011, 12:21 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,270,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Seriously watch this movie if you want to watch what a real SHTF scenario would be like and see how you would do. It is also fun, but, watch and learn.
In the event Earth is attacked by alien life forms, whether it be ET or robots, chances are we will have slim chance at surviving.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:36 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,691,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
In the event Earth is attacked by alien life forms, whether it be ET or robots, chances are we will have slim chance at surviving.
Or zombies, or vampires...

Better to warn and terrify about enemies from without, than to let people realize that the enemies are within...

"We have met the enemy, and he is US!" ~ Pogo

Old 10-04-2011, 08:31 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,632,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Attacked by giant evil robots? Fleeing for your life with a incredibly hot skimpy-dressed babe on one arm and good robot bodyguards helping you out; one that turns into a awesome Mercedes supercar that never needs gas or insurance and other that is responsible for the juvenile trucker fantasies of a whole generation of 80's brats?

Yea, I could handle that "SHTF scenario"....
Those giant robots will probably be the China military or big brother.. depending which year we're talking about..

Old 10-05-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
Those giant robots will probably be the China military or big brother.. depending which year we're talking about..
Naw. I learned some very important lessons as a boy that I carry with me today:

I can always count on Optimus Prime and/or He-Man to save the day, that I am special, unique, talented, amazing, awesome, cool, ect, ect... and that only Leprochauns and rabbits are the unfortunate disenfranchised underclass who are downtrodden and unable to get ahead...

... and that the USA rules, aways... be it Russian/Mexican invasions of Montana, boxing matches or wars with snake-themed international terrorist organizations.

Relax, all us 80's kids are adults now...we'll take care of everything just in time for dinner!

Old 10-07-2011, 11:13 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,632,962 times
Quote:
Naw. I learned some very important lessons as a boy that I carry with me today:

I can always count on Optimus Prime and/or He-Man to save the day, that I am special, unique, talented, amazing, awesome, cool, ect, ect... and that only Leprochauns and rabbits are the unfortunate disenfranchised underclass who are downtrodden and unable to get ahead...

... and that the USA rules, aways... be it Russian/Mexican invasions of Montana, boxing matches or wars with snake-themed international terrorist organizations.

Relax, all us 80's kids are adults now...we'll take care of everything just in time for dinner!
I like to think that also, but we'll be hit with a challenge with an economic collapse. Our big brother police the world and eventually we'll be the ones being policed. With no oil and no wheels rolling America will become very vulnerable and we'll need more than armed hippie militias to fight a China army moving over the Pacific. We'll need oil and soldiers to work for free and re-open the bases. Oil our rusty war machines and fight. 2018.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I like to think that also, but we'll be hit with a challenge with an economic collapse. Our big brother police the world and eventually we'll be the ones being policed. With no oil and no wheels rolling America will become very vulnerable and we'll need more than armed hippie militias to fight a China army moving over the Pacific. We'll need oil and soldiers to work for free and re-open the bases. Oil our rusty war machines and fight. 2018.
Again, I'm ready. I've got a Rambo knife, an AR and hundeds of hours of experience playing Call of Duty.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:01 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,691,736 times
Quote:
Again, I'm ready. I've got a Rambo knife, an AR and hundeds of hours of experience playing Call of Duty.
STOPIT, CHANGO!!!
Ah'm dyin here!!!
ROFLMAO PIMPL

Old 10-07-2011, 05:06 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,317 posts, read 8,658,778 times
Pimpl ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness