Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 10:22 AM

399 posts, read 855,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
"Exactly" describes it perfectly.

When friends, neighbors, and family learn exactly where in Maine we bought land, they express shock and disappointment. One couple in particular (whom we have invited to visit with us someday) imagined that we would be on the Maine "downeast" seacoast, and had visions of sea breezes and fishing boats and lobster traps and seagulls...whatever. The thought of a far more northerly, inland and more heavily forested place never came to mind, and is nowhere near as appealing.

Which may just be a good thing!
I wanted to say that I am very happy for you and to wish you good luck with your new location in Maine. My wife and I did the same thing settling in mid-Maine with a lot and to date a partially finished home. Maine is beautiful and affords much tranquility to those who want it. When we go there the silence is deafening. It is so relaxed and special and the people are great. We are currently located outside of Boston and the pace is just too much for us now. There seem to be just too many people rushing around to get nowhere. Nobody seems to care about one another anymore and it's more like being just a number. When we go to Maine all that changes and life starts. Good Luck to you and yours and totally enjoy your new location!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness