Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 05:44 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times

Advertisements

By the time you give someone all the information of what you want to sell......it is only a couple of steps more to sell it yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 01:45 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
I had recently seen a segment on the Today show abut e-bay sellers that come to your house to help.

I have a ton of stuff I'd like to sell but much is not "shippable" like furnature (mom's and grans so semi-antique) and I'd heard you can find "local" sellers to deal with...anyone know about them? and how to contact one?

Old 07-02-2009, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,790 times
Default Selling at those e-bay stores

Hello,

i have a couple of amps that I would like to sell on ebay. I just don't know what rout to take. Obviously, shipping would have to be via freight of some kind. Or, the buyer would have to come by and pick them up or we could arrange delivery ourselves. My question is, what do those "well sell your stuff on eBay" stores charge to sell your stuff? Does anyone think I should try and sell the amps on eBay myself?

Last edited by Gladiolagazer; 07-02-2009 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: word omission

Old 07-06-2009, 04:21 PM

247 posts, read 1,290,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiolagazer View Post
Hello,

i have a couple of amps that I would like to sell on ebay. I just don't know what rout to take. Obviously, shipping would have to be via freight of some kind. Or, the buyer would have to come by and pick them up or we could arrange delivery ourselves. My question is, what do those "well sell your stuff on eBay" stores charge to sell your stuff? Does anyone think I should try and sell the amps on eBay myself?
I've been selling on eBay for 9 years, it's really not that hard. But it is intimidating at first. I've taught practically everyone in my family and they do it themselves. If your amps are under 70 lbs then they don't go freight. You can send them UPS or FedEx would be much cheaper than USPS. Whatever you do DON'T use one of the UPS Stores. They gouge the shipping. You can always get boxes from retailers. Most grocery stores, Target, Walmart etc are always more than happy to give you some if you just ask.

The stores that sell your stuff for you take 50%. In other words, you'd probably get the same amount if you just sold them at a garage sale, without the hassle. Due to the weight, I would try to sell them locally at Craigslist. Hope that helps.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:35 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
this thread is inspiring me. I have so much "stuff" and some of it valuable. I may try it.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Once you get the knack of it, it becomes easy, the descriptions, all of it, much easier for you to learn yourself, i udnerstand, these guys get quite a little profit for doing much of the work, that you could learn to do yourself. With all the fees now involved, i would do it myself. But up to you.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,800 times
helllo can anyone help me to sell my stuff on ebay

Old 08-31-2014, 08:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,314 times
I have many types of items like cocacola memorbilia, 1934 chicago worlds fair item, vintage cameras, zenith radio, pepsi picnic cooler, carosin lamp, beenie babies, buddies and more but dont have the time & am looking for ebay store for help I live in the 60402 area code could you have someone contact my email @ooohyeh@yahoo.com or supply some places I can contact thanx Linda S

Old 09-01-2014, 01:26 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
If you are knowledgeable about what you have, you have or can find out what similar items sell for on eBay - and you can sell it yourself or dispose of it depending on what it's worth.

There are a TON of things that are pretty much worthless, and also a TON of things which are worth more than an unknowledgeable person would guess.

If you can get a free estimate of value from an eBay reseller (specifically, from any knowledgeable person) it's worth getting.

I sell in a niche where a lot of the sellers are NOT the original owners and thus don't know what the owners know; typically these sellers know next to nothing about what they have. (e.g. estate stuff listed by relatives, or stuff from pawn shops, storage unit auctions, even liquidators - I got a great deal on a huge lot sold by a liquidator who knew nothing about what he had and listed it in an incorrect category which ensured that the serious bidders wouldn't see it)

One suggestion is to look on your local Craigslist, sometimes people will post there saying they are a reseller and will sell your stuff on eBay.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:06 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,849 times
What freemkt said

Also, ebay has (what is now called) an eBay Valet service where you send stuff in and they sell it for you, you get 70% back. The items they sell have restrictions though. You can find out what they are at this page: http://sellforme.ebay.com/home?_trksid=p2059161.l5350
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products