Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 09:39 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,911,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
As often as I need to, my local Walmart is clean, organized with helpful employees. The WM bashers need to look at where they live IMO.
So is mine. I LIKE my store. I guess the people who live here do too because we are always crazy busy.

Thank you for sending me that website. The guy who 'answered' that article had it right on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 11:30 PM

738 posts, read 1,000,201 times
I don't shop there anymore and I think the last time I did was sometime in the early 2000's. Aside from other things, I find their stores dirty and disorganized and their employees unhelpful. That said, the closest store to me is about 35 mins. away. Fine with me. I actually prefer to either shop local or order online where I can have things delivered and return items without having to deal with underpaid, overworked, tactless service counter staff.

I am glad however, to hear that so many people still enjoy shopping there. That's the beauty of having a choice; it's always personal.

RVcook

Old 07-12-2014, 12:34 AM

384 posts, read 349,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I just read what you wrote.
You misread what she wrote.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:36 AM

384 posts, read 349,644 times
I go there once or twice a year if that. Only as a last resort. Have you walked into those places? I've been to so many around the world. They just make me feel so gross. #PeopleOfWalmart

People Of Walmart - Funny Pictures of People Shopping at Walmart : People Of Walmart

Old 07-12-2014, 12:40 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,270,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I ask because I absolutely despise Walmart. Evil corporation is an understatement. Anyway, I am lucky enough to live in a mid-sized city where there are plenty of other shopping options, even if it's just Target or Food Lion. I would always much rather give my money to a small mom and pop shop than to WM. I understand I guess if Walmart is pretty much the only game in town for ya, I know a lot of small towns are like that including my town in Arkansas.

Yeah. So. How often do you give them your money? Why do you do it? Is there nowhere else to shop? Or do you just like their conveniently "Always low prices" etc?
Never. The location nearest us is 1/4 mile away from the dump, and the dump smell overtakes the shopping center. Dump smell makes me want to throw up.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwinghillbilly View Post
Here is another complaint I have, not limited to just walmart. Ladie's brassieres. The cup shape in every bra in every store is exactly the same, semi padded hemispherical, the American generic boob shape. What an insult.

Blackshoe, this is not about politics. Mine is based on direct shopping experience.
Maybe your views are based on your experiences with Walmart, but most of those who say what a horrible company WalMart is, base their views on political issues more than actual sales experiences with the store.

As for the bra situation: holy cow; styles change, get over it. I am past mid age, am not in love with the new styles but it has nothing to do with WalMart either. I can say to you: this is not about Bras, but about WalMart overall.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:59 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfProfessional View Post
I go there once or twice a year if that. Only as a last resort. Have you walked into those places? I've been to so many around the world. They just make me feel so gross. #

I find it entertaining to listen to the witless remarks of the hefty women bulging out of their clothes and their slope-browed, slack-jawed companions. It's one of the few public place you can still see people give their kids a good swat.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 07-12-2014 at 07:17 AM..

Old 07-12-2014, 09:43 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,234,000 times
As someone who was raised with Walmart, and who is also now a college kid, I would say very often! It has to do with comfort, convenience, and price. Since I have been going to Walmart for my entire life, I am familiar with the layout of their stores. The Walmart farthest from home that I went in was in Tacoma, WA back in 2007. Even though that Walmart was so far from my suburban Philadelphia home, the store layout was still predictable! This is also true with the Walmart near my college. Speaking of college, that brings me to my second point: convenience. Since I do not have a car, my options are fairly limited. The Walmart is about a mile, which translates into about a 20 minute walk for me. Finally, price is a big motivator. Giant is also in the same shopping center, but their prices are MUCH higher than Walmart even WITH the savings card! I do go there for things that I can't get at Walmart, such as fresh fruit and certain types of ice cream and other frozen items.

P.S. I find no corporation in the US to be "evil". Corporations are responsible for some of the vast wealth that the US has accrued over time. I 100% support corporations and anyone willing to do business in America!

Old 07-12-2014, 10:06 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I would have to be dragged to a Walmart (and then I'd sit out in the car and wait).

I certainly don't make a lot of money, but I will save the few extra cents or dollars and buy an item elsewhere than go to Walmart. Or I would find an alternative solution to what I need.

If Walmart was the last store on Earth and I needed to do laundry, I'd scrub my clothes on a rock in the river first. LOL
Same here. I'd forsaken Walmart completely until my new girfriend dragged me in there kicking and screaming again. Now we go in there about once a month for last minute items we've forgotten on for our mini vacations. Ugh.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:46 AM

24,476 posts, read 26,017,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
So is mine. I LIKE my store. I guess the people who live here do too because we are always crazy busy.

Thank you for sending me that website. The guy who 'answered' that article had it right on.
Maybe you should post the link here if you think it would do any good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products