Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2023, 05:22 PM

1,063 posts, read 907,312 times

Advertisements

it is a shame....
store closings are not my favorite news.

Linens 'n Things, Stein Mart, and soon enough BB&B.
sometimes i want to touch before i buy.
those days are dwindling away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2023, 02:00 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,312,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
This looks like an article that's a few years old. The one near us is closing and it's not on that list.
Here's the 2023 list
https://www.tuesdaymorning.com/2023-store-closing-sale

Old 03-02-2023, 03:15 PM

9,853 posts, read 7,722,163 times
Ours is closing. I hardly ever go there, but I did pick up a few fun baby items for gifts a few days ago.

What things does everyone buy there? It's just not a place I think of going to. Which is probably why they're closing.

Old 03-02-2023, 03:31 PM

5,865 posts, read 11,921,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Ours is closing. I hardly ever go there, but I did pick up a few fun baby items for gifts a few days ago.

What things does everyone buy there? It's just not a place I think of going to. Which is probably why they're closing.
I used to shop the one that was very close to me but it closed right after the pandemic (it's on the list). I went there several times a month. I bought linens - towels and sheets, lots of kitchen stuff, candles, picture frames, home decor, garden things, Christmas decor, pool floats and some gourmet food items. Those are just off the top of my head. I really loved shopping there. The other one is a little further away and I don't get there as often. I have gotten some really great deals over the years and I'm sad to see them struggling.

Old 03-02-2023, 04:50 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,772,702 times
I haven't shopped in one in years.

Old 04-29-2023, 05:48 AM

5,865 posts, read 11,921,592 times
Well, apparently all of the Tuesday Mornings are now on the list. I got a Going Out Of Business Sale email this morning. I'm bummed. I loved shopping their stores.

Another one bites the dust....

Old 05-05-2023, 12:09 AM

61,679 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post

Excellent linen, and all other bed stuff. Towels, kitchen accessories, bath and beauty, seasonals, odd, imported food - found many gems there, home furniture like chairs, tables, lamps, drapes and sheers, rugs, kids stuff ....

Stores were actually well stocked and popular till pandemic killed them.
I think most stores that are closing didn't survive pandemic and the transition to online shopping.

Hope that TJMaxx survive. It's very similar, just more clothes and shoes, plus jewelry. I like to shop there too.

Old 05-30-2023, 01:50 PM

19,206 posts, read 16,686,206 times
I heard a lot of good things about Tuesday Morning. There was never a store near us so I couldn't shop there but I think, from everything I've read, I would have liked it. Sorry for those who enjoyed shopping there but won't have it any longer. That's happened to a few of my favorites over the years.

Old 06-01-2023, 09:46 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,267,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Excellent linen, and all other bed stuff. Towels, kitchen accessories, bath and beauty, seasonals, odd, imported food - found many gems there, home furniture like chairs, tables, lamps, drapes and sheers, rugs, kids stuff ....

Stores were actually well stocked and popular till pandemic killed them.
I think most stores that are closing didn't survive pandemic and the transition to online shopping.

Hope that TJMaxx survive. It's very similar, just more clothes and shoes, plus jewelry. I like to shop there too.
oh yes the best sheets and towels! Cuisinart pots and pans at a deep deep discount. So many things. Pet items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products