Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2023, 07:14 PM

133 posts, read 210,948 times

Advertisements

Running our LG a couple of times a week for 9 years with no issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2023, 01:11 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,247,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
I'd like to put a good word in here for Kenmore Elite washer and dryer sets. Hardy and efficient.
The problem with Kenmore is Sears is nearly dead and I am not sure that the Kenmore brand has been spun off. Because although Kenmore was a known brand, pretty much everybody knew that whatever you were purchasing wasn’t made by Sears, it was made by Frigidaire or Whirlpool or Maytag or White (sewing machines). At this point all the kitchen stuff is made by Frigidaire.

There are in certain places stores called Sears appliance or Home stores, those are specifically owner operated. They paid to use the Sears name, but they are independent of Sears.

I have a set of Kenmore in my basement that are going strong 20 years plus, so I do not have a beef with the Kenmore brand. But it is a dying brand. Given the fact that essentially your washer and dryer may be made by Whirlpool, you will be able to find parts for it. Because anybody who’s working in the parts department will know that the Kenmore dryer X42s56 is the same thing as the Whirlpool brand X42w56.

But for buying one today? I just wouldn’t do it. In 2019 there were over 400 Sears stores in the country. My last look just today, dated April 23 said 17. This may finally be the year Sears closes.

I believe there is now just one Kmart store.

Old 05-08-2023, 07:15 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvb_09 View Post
Running our LG a couple of times a week for 9 years with no issues.
I was considering an LG, however the same repair man that suggested Speed Queen told me that the reason why so many repair men don't like to work on LG is because there are so so many screws to take out and put back? I don't know, I've never worked on them? LOL but my Speed Queen is coming tomorrow, lets hope this one lasts longer than I do. LOL

Old 05-08-2023, 07:17 AM

Hey guys, to all of you who chimmed in with your reviews, can't thank you enough, and wishing you a great day and week ahead.

Old 05-08-2023, 01:01 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
You are welcome! Glad the thread was helpful.

Old 05-10-2023, 01:43 PM

I've had my Speed Queen TC5 for 2 days now and absolutely love it, why I didn't listen to the repair man years ago is beyond me.....
First let me say that all of my washing machines had a balance problem and broke the barrel once, on a GE then this last GE was loud and unrelenting when it came to spinning, I had to stay with it and redistribute the laundry....horrible....
This Speed Queen is the cats Meow....lol....I mean it love the thing, and it's not loud....does the job and doesn't need to have the wash redistributed....doing laundry is no longer a chore....

Thanks so much to all of you who encouraged me to purchase this....I greatly appreciate you.

Old 05-10-2023, 06:40 PM

I forgot to tell you this.....
if you turn the machine on Eco, it will not fill with much water, they suggested to keep it on Heavy Duty...and it fills to the top nicely, gets the cloths clean...and smelling fresh

Old 05-10-2023, 06:43 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,746,310 times
Get the cheapest machine with the longest extended warranty.

Old 05-11-2023, 04:25 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,329,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Get the cheapest machine with the longest extended warranty.
That's an urban myth. Even the cheapest machines have electronic controls, and chances are that quality control is not a priority for these machines to keep costs down. My grandmother already replaced two control boards on her Whirlpool VMW top loader with an agitator. Anything mechanical you will have to go with Speed Queen.

Old 05-11-2023, 06:16 PM

537 posts, read 443,644 times
Laundry is my wife's life, and we've had many different washing machines including front loaders.

We had a Fisher & Paykel, and she loved it. But it didn't last very long.

We switched over to a Speed Queen washer/dryer--their middle line with LED's. Best thing it came with a 10 year warranty.

We love the Speed Queens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products